Highlighted
Accepted Solution

4G issues in Athlone

Legend

Hi

Could you check if there is an issue with 4G in Athlone ? around this location I think it was recently upgraded.

Connaught Gardens.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/53%C2%B025'21.6%22N+7%C2%B056'52.4%22W/@53.422662,-7.9484245,106m/d...

My father-in-law sent off his Samsung phone to get fixed as he wasnt gettting calls or texts, anyway he got it back yesterday and still the same issue.

I just chanced maybe its a 4G issue so I set the network to 2G/3G only and no problems with receiving calls or texts. ( he has 2/3 bars of coverage of 4G so its not coverage)

Same issue on on wifes iphone at the same location, when set to 2G/3G/4G there is coverage but no calls/texts can send receive.

Chosen Solution

Re: 4G issues in Athlone

Solution
Accepted by topic author billbond4
‎13-07-2017 01:38 PM
3 Moderator

Just a quick update here, the 4G mast is partially down at the moment. Our tech team are working to have this restored as soon as possible. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Staff

Hi @billbond4,  Can you take a look at this checklist on our Community, and let me know if that helps? - http://bit.ly/1PXItPY

Also, what options pop up for you when you manually select the network on the phone? Send me on a screenshot of these if you like.

Finally, can you also switch roaming on in your phone? You won't be charged for this as it's domestic roaming and you'll be connecting to the strongest signal available to you there.

Legend

Hi Bob

(i will take screenshots when im in there later today)

Roaming is switched on.

The problem is that when the settings are  set to 2G/3G/4G it sees the 4G network and connects fine but there doesnt seem to be services available on the 4G network after the initial connection(when everything works fine).

i.e after a few minutes when the screen locks.

-->Seen this on an iPhone as well.

The problems seems to be with the 4G itself and when you just select 2G/3G there are no data/call/texts issues.

3 Moderator

What happens when the connection is on 3G? Is it only happening here in Connaught Gardens? 

Legend

No problems when on 3G.

Yeah only around that area, I think the 4G cell was recently upgraded there and that maybe the cause of the issue.

Solution
Accepted by topic author billbond4
‎13-07-2017 01:38 PM
3 Moderator

Just a quick update here, the 4G mast is partially down at the moment. Our tech team are working to have this restored as soon as possible. 

Legend

Awh thats good news  (well bad news thats is partially down) thats its a known problem.

Will keep an eye out on the 4G there.

Thanks for the update.

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
User Kudos Count
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter