Lookout
Accepted Solution

Why does 3's webtext website not allow you to check 'sent webtexts' as the O2 webtext used to?

Hi,

I have recently moved from a legacy O2 account to an 'actual 3' account and, on the whole, am happy with the change.

However I am involved with an underage sports team and used the webtext service to send group texts to parents about training, matches, etc. It was very useful to be able to check back on previously sent webtexts as to delivery status, numbers used, content, etc. Why is this facility not included in Three's site as it is obviously technically possible?

Thank you

IanS

Re: Why does 3's webtext website not allow you to check 'sent webtexts' as the O2 webtext used to?

Hi IanS, thanks for your feedback on this- I've passed it on to the web team here. We're always updating our services so keep an eye on this going forward Smiley Happy 

You can give us feedback by taking a survey.
It pops up on the bottom left hand side of your screen.
Need to send me a PM? Click here.
Pre-order the new Galaxy S8
Navigator

Re: Why does 3's webtext website not allow you to check 'sent webtexts' as the O2 webtext used to?

Hi, is there any way to check "sent" webtexts? I used to be with o2 and the webtext feature there allowed me to access sent webtexts. I then changed my sim card and moved properly to Three and find I can't access sent webtexts. Does the feature not exist or is there a way I can access my sent items?

Hey there 👋 Yes on the top right hand corner you should see "Sent Webtexts"  😊 Mairéad

Navigator

Hi Mairead, that feature isn't actually available unless I'm missing it. I've just logged on and had a good look and I can't see anything like that. I used to be with o2 and when Three took over o2 I continued to use my webtexts and that feature was available and if my memory is correct the button for sent texts was on the right hand side. But I've recently moved over to three (got a different sim card) and the whole webtext service looks and is different. I hope I'm being blind here and I'm just not seeing the button your describe because there are a few webtexts that I desperately need to check!

Hi there, can you login to your My3 account and search for webtext in the serachbox at the top of page. Then select the first option and let me know if this happens?  

Navigator

Hi, I searched for webtext in the search box as you suggested. I selected the first option and it asked me to log into my webtexts.  I did that and it brought me to the webtext page. I can send you a screen shot of the page it brings me to if that would help?

Can you PM us your number, name, address and DOB? I'll get this checked out. 

Lookout

Please post your solution here too, as as far as I am aware the feature
doesn't exist in the Three site either but would be a huge improvement that
was on the O2 site. If it is available I would be very interested in how to
activate it.

I'd need our tech team to look into this fir you and I'll need your details in PM for this. 

Scout

Good Evening, I have been desperately trying to find my sent webtexts for a while, and I have yet to find any way to access them despite finding on several forum posts, moderators were confirming the feature to exist, this is the most recent thread I've found, so I'm hoping I can get some assistance. 

The last message posted here was over a month ago, and there is still no "sent webtext" feature available to customers, which is a bit of a shame to be honest because its a good improvement for the service and very helpful. Im surprised there has been no change to this because it shouldnt be a difficult feature to implement, id be surprised if our webtexts arent already being stored on a server somewhere, giving the customer access to his own history should have been intrinsic to the service, as was mentioned earlier it was provided with O2 before Three's acquisition, and to my knowledge i think most, if not other webtext services provide a "sent webtext" feature.

Hey toolateralus 👋 We don't have this feature yet but feedback has been forwarded to the relevant team 👍 Mairéad

Scout

Re: Why does 3's webtext website not allow you to check 'sen

Has there been any update on this issue. I recently changed from old 02 account to Three but I really need to access my old webtexts.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Highlighted

Hi there 👋 Can you pm me your full name, number, address and date of birth and I'll look into this for you, Martin. 

Scout

[ Edited ]

Thanks Martin,

Scout

We need to be able to view sent webtexts.  How soon do you think this will be available?

I definitely understand where you're coming from with this and appreciate your feedback on it. I've this feedback passed on to the team here to take on board. I've also changed your username as your own one contained personal details. 

Lookout

Hi Bob
You may not have noticed that this topic is around 8 months old now, despite its repeated rehighlighting by numerous paying customers of 3. I think we would simply like an honest and informed response from our service provider as to why a very useful feature has been taken from us. A feature we find valuable enough to register, search and engage with you through this forum in order to do this. A feature for which I have been willing to remain following this topic's repeated reactivations in the vain hope of an answer containing anything more than the usual bland platitudes and assurances.
If 3 is not able (or unwilling) to provide it than okay. Just say so. We may not like it but at least that would be an answer. Though at this stage an explanation of why would be nice too.
Oh and by the way you might communicate this difference between the webtext platforms to your colleagues advising legacy O2 customers before they switch too. Or maybe 3 doesn't want you to. I think we might understand (if not like) that too.
Thank you, Bob.
Posted From Android 2.0

Our plans and services are constantly changing over time @IanS but that's not to say that these won't revert back over time. I've passed on all your feedback on all this to the webtext team here who are only too happy to take it on board.