Accepted Solution

The new 2 gig data - is it used first?

Lookout

Since my "all you can eat data" will now be Ireland exclusive, and I'll only have a free 2gig data EU-wide, I would like clarification about whether the first 2gig of data I used after top-up is this "free" data, or whether I will only use that while roaming.

Obviously, it's kinda crappy if it is used first, since i'll need to book all holidays to start on the 1st of each month. And the latest Contract Change information doesn't really state how it will work in practice.

Chosen Solution

Re: The new 2 gig data - is it used first?

Solution
Accepted by topic author Adder
‎22-05-2017 06:29 PM
Leader

And It is most welcome in all Fairness.

Unfortunately we do not have much to praise Three for but this seems to be fair.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Moderator

Hey Adder 👋 Take a look her for more info on this 👉 https://bit.ly/2lCTYVI 😊 Mairéad

Lookout

Yes, that's what I was refering to. It only says:

"As part of the €20 promotion you will get a 2GB data allowance to use in the Republic of Ireland or when you roam in the EU."

Does that 2GB data allowance get used up in the Republic of Ireland? Because it sounds like it does.

If that's true, than any data I use while roaming after I've used 2gig in Ireland will be charged that the standard rate.

3 Moderator

you can still enjoy #AllYouCanEat Data in the Rep of Ireland. You will also have 2GB as part of your core prepay plan which you can also use in the EU. 

Leader
@Adder The 2GB of Data will NOT be used up first

As long as your in the ROI the 2GB data will not he used.
Posted From Nokia Lumia 930

Lookout

I'd appreciate confirmation from someone that works at/for Three.

I apologise if you do, TetraxSonic. Just want something explicit since there's nothing firm in writing. (although with the very-recent change, I'm less worried)

Leader
@Adder Think about, it wouldn't make sense if the 2GB was used first. That would be stupid.

Legend
Isn't it gone upto 5GB now?

Posted From Sony E5823

[ Edited ]
Lookout

A lot of things in contracts can end up being stupid.

I think it's stupid that they mention it's data you can use in Ireland. I have AYCE in Ireland. 

I think it's stupid they don't make it explicit.

And I think it's stupid that they're not responding directly to the question. The 2 staff responses were "read about it here" (which is what I was asking for clarification on, not directions to) and a parroted response that doesn't explicitly say what happens in either direction.

Legend
They are changing the text of the terms and conditions to suit the new eu legislation for data roaming.
Basically in Ireland if you topup by 20e every 28 days you have 60GB and outside of Ireland you have 2 or 5GB.

Posted From Sony E5823

Legend
It's easier to think of them as separate allowances

Posted From Sony E5823

Leader
I just got a text aaying the allowance is now 5GB outside of Ireland. The charge per MB out of bundle has also dropped to 0.0092c

Legend
Yeah the terms changed yesterday but the main three webpage isn't updated yet

Posted From Sony E5823

3 Moderator

Hi guys, all the info is available at the link provided in the text you received 👍 If you’ve any further questions, here’s how to get in touch👉 https://goo.gl/JQBBMe

Solution
Accepted by topic author Adder
‎22-05-2017 06:29 PM
Leader

And It is most welcome in all Fairness.

Unfortunately we do not have much to praise Three for but this seems to be fair.

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter