Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Questions re 28 day automatic prepay topup

Guide

1.  I gather that when topping up manually, some people are caught out by a confusion about the exact day/time of day by which to do it.  Does setting up the automatic topups guarantee that it's done at the right time to ensure continuity?  (Of all you can eat data, as an example).

2.  When setting up an automatic topup schedule, why do we need a computer in order to see the 28-day option?  (I do have one as happens, but it's out of order, and arranging to use a friend's computer involves fiddly logistics and a longish round trip).  I can do online banking, shopping etc from my phone, and can apparently set up Three's other automatic topup options.  Is there some particular technical difficulty to adding the 28 day one?

Re: Questions re 28 day automatic prepay topup

3 Moderator

Hi Chrysanth,

Take a look at our Prepay AYCE data blog here to answer your questions http://bit.ly/2wPhhBr 

Guide

Thanks Joolz, but the link you gave didn't answer either of my questions (that page seems to be just a general intro to the €20 a month prepay plan).

Highlighted

3 Moderator

Th automatic top up doesn't apply when the plan expires. It applies after the plan has expired. In terms of adding the scheduled top up as the plan is now 28 days the top up should be scheduled for the same. 

Guide

I'm a bit confused - does that mean if I set up Three's automatic topup arrangement, the 28 day option will leave a gap between each 28-day period and the next one?

Navigator
4g has not been working properly ever since I have moved in south circular road dublin 8, When I get home it does not work the way it works when I am out. Kindly sort this out !
Posted From Android 2.0

Navigator
4g stops working all of a sudden and I have to restart my galaxy s7 several times then it gets back to normal ! Before this I was living in lower clanbrassil street I never had any problem with the 4g coverage whether I am out of my home or not !
Posted From Android 2.0

3 Moderator

This would depend on how many days are in a month. If you have it set for the same day each month your plan could expire before this top up. 

Navigator

Yo, just spotted this post and I'll add my 2 cents. Three will NEVER EVER implement such a automated systems, WHY, cause they are making a heap of cash when you forget to topup on time and your Youtube addiction eats all your credit. lol Man Tongue 

One  question, can I ask the support team, is there a number you can dial that returns a text message gives you a date when my current prepay plan ends after 28 days. Zombies I see zombies. Or is it possible to request a added feature to the text message returned when you dial 1743 where it tells you how much credit you have left on your phone.

I know Meteor (now Eir) had a service where you dial a 4 digit number and you get a text message back, handy little speedial on the older nokia's oe push button phones.

TIP -  to keep my top ups on time, is to just ring 1744, wait till Mrs Three tells you how much credit you have and when she finished, just dial 3 button again, wait for her to repeat an extended credit summary report. At the end of that report Mrs Three will tell you the date when your prepay 28 days plan ends. And finally put a few reminder into your phone/smartphoen calander close to midnight of the date given and topup as you usually do (online or over the phone)....or simply switch off the 3G data mode in your phone if you know how.

PS - dont be asking me how to switch off the data mode in yer phones.

Guide

Martin, Your answer implies that you are not aware that Three now have a 28 day automatic top-up option.

my3account > Topping_up > Regular_top_up > Add 28 day top up