Not receiving certain text messages

Anonymous

Hello,

I recently moved to Ireland and at first tried iD Mobile (prepay); but due to the fact that I could not receive certain text messages, I decided to switch to Three instead (never had issues with Three in the UK), I did carry over my number if that matters.

Unfortunately the problem seems to persist:

I can't seem to receive text messages from 'automated' systems;

i.e. 2-factor authentication systems on Whatsapp, Steam, Microsoft, LastPass, etc. Even the Hailo app confirmation text did not come through.

Certain services provide the offer to receive a call instead, which does work, but the others I simply can't seem to use with this sim card.

I do receive texts from normal people (both in Ireland and abroad).

I have 2 sim cards in my phone (one UK, one from here) and I'm having to resort to using my UK number (which I want to get rid of eventually) to register on these services.

Is this a general issue (i.e. those systems aren't compatible with Irish numbers) or is it specific to me?

I hope you can assist.

Regards,

Adrian

Phones tried on:

OnePlus 2

OnePlus 3

MotoG 3rd Gen.

Re: Not receiving certain text messages

3 Moderator

Hi AdrianK, can you PM us your number, name, full address and DOB, I'll check this out further. 

Anonymous
Sent, thanks!

3 Staff

Anonymous

OK ... this is becoming weird.

I went to the Three store, they told me to contact support.

I contacted support, it was escalated, they wanted to know the 'shortcodes' for Bank of Ireland (my main issue as I can't set up payees without working text messages!), which are 50365 & 50365 and then support tells me they 'don't have an agreement with those shortcodes'...

Which is of course absolute [censored] because my friend has Three and Bank of Ireland and he's receiving texts fine. 

So now I still can't receive text messages from my Bank (or many automated systems) and I'll have to swap provider.

All this trouble to be fobbed off by support :/ not impressed.

3 Moderator

Hi AdrianK, pop us a PM with your account details and I'll follow up on this for you? 

I'm in the same boat.  I was recieving certain automated texts up until November (eg Bank with auth codes, waste service provider with reminders to put bins out etc...), now nothing is being delivered.  Can you help?

Vik
I can't send a text I don't think I can receive them either. Tried turning phone off took battery out need help like NOW!!!
Posted From Motorola XT1700

3 Moderator

@mcleixlip Could you send me on your number, address and date of birth in a private message and I'll check this out for you? 

3 Moderator

Hi Vik, what type of phone are you using? Are you still unable to send and receive texts? Are you able to make calls and use the internet? 

Hi Three_Stephen.

Did not work.  Only found out this morning that I am not receiving ANY texts.  (is sending ok).

Calls (in and out) are fine.  Data is fine. 

Please help.

3 Staff

@mcleixlip can you PM your number, address and DOB so our tech team can look into this please?

SOLUTION:  It's messenger.  Do not let it manage sms messages.  It only manages to stop them from being delivered.

Scout

I have the same issue that started on the day I moved my number from previous provider to three. I can't receive automated messages from VHI and bank of Ireland. Pretty annoying. Hoe can I sort this out?

Posted From Amazon KFTT

3 Moderator

Hi @Donabate, I just got back to your PM about this.

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter