Re: My3 app not working

3 Staff

Guide
Got your pm advising again that the app is not guaranteed to work on non Three phones. But it isn't working on Three phones either! Also, the Version number & date of issue of the app hasn't changed so what recent update are you referring to?
Posted From Samsung SM-G900F

3 Moderator

Do you also have a Three phone that is experiencing the same issue? 

[ Edited ]
Guide

No, but there are two persons on this thread who are using Three phones and are having problems with the app. Also, I can't see anything in the SIM only T&C's about the app not working on non Three phones.  Odd or what?

Posted From Samsung SM-G900F

Guide

Hi Karen, Thanks for your PM "Every case would be different here. If you need anything else please don't hesitate to come back to us here". I take it from your response that Three have no interest is solving the problem with the My3 App for SIM only users. Very disappointing from a customers perspective. 

Posted From Fujitsu M532

I was told that they don't have a timeframe for when it will be fixed in general even with a three handset just that they are working on it

Hi my 3 app will not work also
Posted From Samsung SM-J510FN

Lookout
Hi. The my 3app is not working for me either. I had an issue with setting up a regular top up when it changed to 28days instead of 30. Finally got it sorted via online chat. Noticed a few days later the my3 app wasn't working. It stated the it was unavailable on this device. Please use your 3 handset to access this service. Funny thing is I am using a 3 device. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again but no good. I went on live chat last night.........spent ages going through stuff with the girl........totally useless........ Kept asking if I was on WiFi....I never use WiFi, I only have mobile data, said this from the start and kept telling me to go to settings and make sure I was on mobile data.....I wonder sometimes...then when things not working out she ended the chat and said I was not responding for a while....it was a whole 2mins....and I was trying things she suggested....mad....I'm sure they know there is an issue with the app but they still make you go through the motions so it looks like the issue is on your side and not theirs!!!!! I always found the app useful. Nice to have it back working
Posted From Huawei LYO-L01

3 Moderator

Hi Lauramajella25, what type of phone are you using? Are you able to access your My3 through the website? 

3 Moderator

Hi Aidomoss, what type of phone are you using? Are you able to access your My3 account through the website? Can you PM me your number, name, address and date of birth, please? I'll check it out.

Navigator
Same issue I can view all information on the web not not from the app keep saying to use a three device my phone is an official three device. What's actually wrong with the app or what's the fox as clearly reinstalling app and clearing cache does not work
Posted From Android 2.0

Navigator
Fix not fox
Posted From Android 2.0

3 Staff

Hi @spookee, Can you PM me your full name, number, address and date of birth so I can check your account for this? 

[ Edited ]
Navigator

FERGUS LAWLESS. . 

Edit: Removed personal info. 

3 Moderator

Hi Fergus,

I'll need you to private message this info, we can't accept this publicly. Go to the private message tab under this thread. 

Lookout

App still not functioning. 'Use your 3 device.....blah, blah, blah' Reported this to Three early July. Did all the necessary, cleared cache, cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled. Sent screenshots to some guy from the app developers (I think). My A5 2017 is a Three device & the app worked fine on my old HTC ONE & I can login via the web version in Chrome for mobile. It's patently obvious that Samsung A 2017 models have issues with the app going by earlier posts. Me thinks an app overhaul might be needed.

PS: Android Nougat upgrade now rolling out for the Samsung 2017 A series in Russia, how long before it's released in Ireland?

Posted From Lenovo S8-50F

3 Moderator

Hi Gunner, I'd like our tech team to look at this for you and follow up with you. Can you PM your number, name, address and date of birth so i can arrange that? We've no info on the update as of yet but we'll let you know when it's available with us.

Scout

Hi My 3 App is not working, telling me I'm not connected to Three when wifi is turned off and the handset shows I'm connected

3 Moderator

Hi there 👋 Could you send me on your full name, number, address and date of birth and I'll check this out for you? 

Guide

I also have an ongoing problem with the Three app not working.  Three keep saying that the app is not guaranteed to work on a non Three phone and that is the reason why I am experiencing the proble.

Today I visited a Three store and discussed the matter with an assistant.  The assistant stated that he hadn't experienced a problem with the app on his Three supplied phone.  He then proceeded to show me.  Guess what, the app didn't work on his Three supplied phone either!  A second assistant overheard our discussion and interjected with the statement that she is fed up of contacting Three Support about the problem with the app.

At least I have satisfied myself that the fact that the app isn't working on my phone is nothing to do with my phone being a non Three phone.

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter