Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mobile Broadband

Navigator

I have a Mobile Broadband contract with a maximum allowance of 20480MB per month. I can never go over this allowance, as the service is disconnected if this ever happens.

On my last 2 bills it states that I exceeded this allowance & have also been charged double for it.

My connection is constantly going off, & when I ring customer service, I am told I have used my allowance, which is not possible.

I am a pensioner & live on my own, so no-one else in my household has access to my broadband.

Could someone please look into this please & try & give an explanation as to why this is happening?

Re: Mobile Broadband

3 Moderator

Hey @Keef 👋 Can you send a private message with your broadband number, full name, address, date of birth and I'll certainly look into this for you? Mairéad

Legend

How many devices are connected to the internet?

What are the devices?

Do you use streaming video services like Netflix and Youtube?

Navigator

I only have my laptop connected to broadband.

I do not do any live streaming whatsoever, but will occasionally view a few clips off Youtube. But that would be 'minutes'. I do not even have a Smart tv.

Legend

Ok, I would suggest that you setup the wifi connection on your laptop as a metered connection

i.e. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4028458/windows-metered-connections-in-windows-10

Navigator

Thank you, but this does not explain why so much data has been used & my billing query.

Legend
Your laptop could have downloaded a windows update a few times, a backup over the cloud could have been going on.
You could have been syncing a load of things.
Setting up a metered network might help reduce that data

Posted From Android 2.0

Navigator

My laptop is not set for automatic updates  (my Daughter does that when needed at her home) & I do not have anything in my home that can be synced! I also never back up my laptop to anything other then an external hard-drive, again my Daughter does this on the very rare occasion,  & as you know, this can be done without the broadband.

Since I started with Three.ie, my monthly payments have been consistently €27.99 a month. Also that if I ever exceeded my data quota the broadband would be cut off until they received the next months payment. 

However, this arrangement somehow changed. Maybe you could tell me why & when this contract changed? And if at all possible, send me a copy of the current contract.

3 Staff

Hi Keef, can you send me a PM with your number, name, address and date of birth, please? I'll look into this.

Legend
Your right it does sound like something is up with the billing.
Might be no harm to install a traffic monitoring software on your pc

Posted From Android 2.0