Accepted Solution

EU Roaming

Hi,

I have topped up my account yesterday with €20, and got messages saying that I can use 3GB free of charge while roaming in the EU, but some parts of the website still say that I will be charged. My dashboard seems to indicate that it should be free.

So I would like to double check that it is indeed the case that I get the 3GB free data allowance while roaming in the EU (pre-pay), and that I won't get charged for it.

Thanks

Chosen Solution

Re: EU Roaming

Solution
Accepted by topic author Tincho
‎26-05-2017 03:01 AM

When you top up by €20 from the 19 May you will receive 5GB to use while in the EU.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Hi @Tincho, Are you on the All You Can Eat data plan for €20 a month with us? 

@Three_Bob, I am on prepay, I don't think I have a "plan". But every time I top-up 20EUR I get the month of unlimited internet and texts.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Tincho
‎26-05-2017 03:01 AM

When you top up by €20 from the 19 May you will receive 5GB to use while in the EU.

Lookout

Hi guys,

I have a similar problem. I topped by 20 euro. Now I'm outside of Ireland, within the EU. I didn't get any free data, regardless of the new 5gb. I've been charged over 16 euro for using my data and I shouldn't have. Can you help me out?

Scout
Same happened to me, I topped up by 20 € got confirmation txt then another txt saying about the 5gb allowance when in eu. I'm outside of the Ireland but still within the eu and even though I only used my phone for sat nav and twice for Facebook so far they have charged me 12 euro. So I had to turn of the data in case three keep taking money from my account. It's ridiculous saying free roaming then charging huge amounts. What's the story I wonder. I have looked for a number to call but its very hard to find one.
Posted From Samsung GT-I9100

Lookout
Yeah man, it's super annoying. I didn't expect this. And it makes it difficult to be in contact in another country.
Posted From Huawei NXT-L29

Hi folks, PM us your name, number, address and DOB, I'll check this out. 

[ Edited ]
Lookout

Hi did you receive my details? If not here they are again

removing personal info**

@Alex2 I've removed your personal info and got back to your PM

Lookout

Hi Julie, 

I've sent you another message. I don't think that this has been solved yet.

Same thing here. I checked my account in Dublin on May 29th and I still had my full allowance following by 20 euro top up. I traveled to Germany and I received a message notification saying that I could use up to 5GB of data for free. Now I've seen that all my credit (about 31 euro) is gone for roaming charges.
This does not seem right, and now I'm abroad without any credit on my phone!!

Hi @ruffinim, the new EU roaming rates became active from May 15th. Did you top up after this date by €20 to activate this? 

No I toped up earlier, but this wasn't very clear form the message I received when I landed. There was no mention of any date in the message.

I'm facing exactly same situation, according to the Three, there's a free 5GB, but apparently customers have to pay again €20 if you top up before 29/5. It seems super dumb and I ran out all my credits in Spain!
Posted From Apple iPhone

I think the message sent b three should have specified this and was totally misleading. Not just to me but to many others... and there is no reason not too replace our credits, as the agreement from Three is obviously already in place with all EU operators.
I work in the telecomms sector so I'm going to ask a couple of colleagues at ComReg about this if it's not sorted

You'll need to top up after the advised dates to activated your new allowances. This was clearly stated in the text. 

This is the text I received, and if my account was not activated or it I shouldn't have received. Otherwise it's totally misleading.
"From Three: Calls, texts & Data charged as per plan. EUR20 top up promotion includes 5GB data & free SMS in EU. Free info +353 833 333 330 Emergency 112. Freetext "STOP" to 1740"

Can you send a screenshot of the text you received? 

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter