Other Phones
If you're having issues with your phone, need help with settings, or need advice on the best phone for you, then this is the section to post in.
Accepted Solution

Premium Messaging Service Received 57030 charged me €12.20

Lookout

Zamano the premium rate service operator 57030 charged me €12.20  on top of my bill i don't understand were this charge came from because i never subscribed to this service i did ring them up and they told me i never subscribed to any services with them. so i'm very confused  when i go online to look at the charge it says 6 times in the row on Fri 24 Feb 11:25 57030 Premium Messaging Service Received Excluded €2.03 which totals to €12.20

Chosen Solution

Re: Premium Messaging Service Received 57030 charged me €12.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Mahon1991
‎15-03-2017 01:55 PM
3 Moderator

This should be fine, other customers have been refunded this way as well. You can also check this out with Comreg on 01 804 9600 to be sure 😊

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Staff
Hey, when you rang them did they confirm what the charges were for? Did you enter any competitions or buy any content for your phone recently?

Lookout
Hi they just said they were a service for apps and games ECT... nope I never signed up to any companys or services or completions I did do my research on this company I see they have been in trouble and brought to court over theses unknown charges to bill paying customers
Posted From Samsung SM-G935F

3 Moderator

Did they advise that they would credit you as you didn't sign up for this service?

Lookout
They scammed me out of 15 euros too. But they replied by email saying if I send them on my name and address they refund me by cheque in the post. Is it safe to pass on these details or is it all part of the scam?
Posted From Samsung SM-G850F

Solution
Accepted by topic author Mahon1991
‎15-03-2017 01:55 PM
3 Moderator

This should be fine, other customers have been refunded this way as well. You can also check this out with Comreg on 01 804 9600 to be sure 😊

Lookout
It's all sorted now they basically apologizes and said they would refund.
Posted From Samsung SM-G935F

3 Moderator

That's great Mahon1991. Let me know if you need a hand with anything else 👍

Lookout

It seems that this scam has been happening for years in Ireland with the same company. I was scammed today for 6 texts also. Surely my network provider could put a stop to this? 

3 Moderator

Hi @Hugh3, you need to text STOP to this number to stop receiving these messages.

Lookout

I`ve texted stop to 57030 but it seems that I`ll still be charged 15 euros by you guys. I understand that it is out of your control and I have to try get a refund of the company behind this scam. However do Three not profit anything from these premium texts? And if so they are they not also partly responsible for what is now a well established scam?  

3 Moderator

Three has a regulatory obligation to allow third party service providers to access its network once their service has been authorised by ComReg. You can visit the ComReg website to find out more about premium text service providers and how to unsubscribe from premium text services. 

Lookout
Both Three and Comreg facilitate this scam. It has been happening in Ireland for over 10 years. Sorry but it's just not believable that Three can't do anything about this- they obviously profit from it.
Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
User Kudos Count
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter