Other Phones
If you're having issues with your phone, need help with settings, or need advice on the best phone for you, then this is the section to post in.

IMEI number not recognized

Anonymous

Hi,

I submitted a unlocking request for my iphone 6 plus to three, and received and email saying they have no record of my IMEI number. I paid full price to this phone, and bought it from a three store. I have checked the IMEI number multiple times and it is the correct one. I was wondering what might be the problem and how to proceed ?

Thanks in advance,

Defne

Re: IMEI number not recognized

3 Community Manager

Hi @defnetezel, did you ever have that phone repaired or replaced perhaps?

Anonymous
I had the same issue, even my husband seems its not recognised if you want to unlock your phone!

Anonymous

Hi @slh1975

Just noticed a no reply by anyone. Have you had this one sorted?

Anonymous

Having this same problem. The IMEI is correct - I've filled out the unlock form many many times, been on to phone support, email support and been into the shop (where they've verified it's correct and filled out the online form - but said there wasn't much more they could do beyond that).

Phone was bought new in a three store; never repaired/changed/modified/changed network/anything.

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi

Thank you for providing the info needed in this thread. @Three_Sheena will take care of this for you and hopefully get that code you needed provided you meet the criteria.

Bare with us. She will also need the IMEI, Do you know how to send her a DM?

EDIT: removed mobile number - Sheena

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi again

If you send a DM to @Three_Sheena with the below info she can look in to it for you.

Name

Address

Date Of Birth

Make of Handset

Model Of Handset

IMEI of Handset

You can send the information to her using the link below

Send DM to Three_Sheena

EDIT: removed mobile number - Sheena

Anonymous

Hi,

Yes it was sorted eventually, they took ages (on purpose I beleive) I contact them everyday for an update but they just make you wait. My husband used to work with Vodafone and said its a simple process they were just being differcult probably because I was angry at the whole saga.

Not once was I told the phone would be locked by 3 even thou I paid full price for the phone. 

Anonymous
Hi @slh1975

If you purchase a handset on a network then 99.9% of them are network locked. In order to provide the unlock code there is some criteria to be met, I know yours was an issue with the IMEI not been on file. Very sorry about that.

But I am glad you got it in the end.

Anonymous

Hi again @User321

If you send a DM to @Three_Sheena with the below info she can look in to it for you.

Name

Address

Date Of Birth

Make of Handset

Model Of Handset

IMEI of Handset

You can send the information to her using the link below

Send DM to Three_Sheena

Anonymous
I was told that yes but I had no idea, I have lived in abroad in the Med for 10 years and had pay as you go so was expecting the same thing. I think it should be high light to everyone at the time of purchase as if I had known then I would have just brought from Apple like my previous phone.

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi @slh1975

Once again sorry for the issues you experienced. I would have thought with your husband working for vodafone you would have known about the unlocking procedure? If you buy a phone on any network its locked to that network until the criteria is met - I know you werent advised this as you said but they store agents wouldnt normally say this because it is presumed you will use it on that network, I know your frustrated etc but dont worry, its sorted now so your phone is SIM free. 

Hope it hasn't changed your opinion of Three.

If there is anything you need advice or help with please do let us know Smiley Happy

Sorry again.

Anonymous

David wrote:
Hi @slh1975

If you purchase a handset on a network then 99.9% of them are network locked.
I would have thought with your husband working for vodafone you would have known about the unlocking procedure? If you buy a phone on any network its locked to that network until the criteria is met
Hope it hasn't changed your opinion of Three.

99.9% of them are network locked *in Ireland* but this archaic and completely unnecessary procedure thankfully isn't in place in all other countries. Just because something is common, doesn't mean it's defensible.

In addition, the criteria and process for getting a phone unlocked on Vodafone has in my own experience been quick and easy - it took me one phonecall and no less than a day to complete, and the details required for verification are nowhere near as arduous as on Three.

I was told that on Three the standard wait can up to 21 days - and sofar it's taken me over two months due to various technical difficulties/IMEI issues/etc. on Three's side. And my phone is not yet unlocked (though hopefully @Three_Sheena is in the process of sorting me out).

My original reason for requesting unlock was for travel - after this ordeal I'm definitely leaving and will be telling everyone I meet not to go near Three with a ten foot barge pole.

As an aside - all of the various support staff I've dealt with have been friendly, responsive, polite and tried their best to be as helpful as possible. They've just usually been somewhat powerless in overcoming Three's ridiculous procedures.

Anonymous
Hi there @User321

I am sorry you feel this way and yes it has gone over the 21 days for unlocking due to IMEI reasons. Your right, it shouldn't be this tough to get a handset unlocked.. I agree 1000% but you do need to understand that none of the staff on here had dealt with this and if they had of done then you would have not been waiting so long.

I recommend coming here for issues no matter what. I can tell your really annoyed and wouldn't blame you. You'd hardly leave Three over this misunderstanding would you?

The level of care on here is excellent from all the mods including @Three_Sheena and @Three_Rach

I'm just wondering if there was a credit the could apply to your account as a good will gesture due to this issue.t
Posted From Apple iPhone

Anonymous
@David Aside from the hours spent online/on phone support/writing emails and standing in very long queues in the Three store on Grafton Street (and talking to the poor tormented very fed up staff there), this misunderstanding also meant I had to spend a month traveling with no phone (around south east Africa where other forms of communication aren't exactly plentiful either). So yes, this very tiny misunderstanding has most certainly convinced me to run as far from Three as I can get.

As far as recommending coming on here for issues, Sheena has submitted my IMEI again as other support staff have done, and the system has just rejected it again this morning.

As I've said before, I don't mean to criticize yourself or Sheena - I know you're doing you're best, it's the company that's broken, not your efforts. I don't envy your job.
Posted From Huawei G620S-L01

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi @User321

Sorry to hear this, But fear not @Three_Sheena will get to the bottom of it.

I myself am not a three employee, thanks though!!Smiley Happy

3 Community Manager

User321 wrote:
@David Aside from the hours spent online/on phone support/writing emails and standing in very long queues in the Three store on Grafton Street (and talking to the poor tormented very fed up staff there), this misunderstanding also meant I had to spend a month traveling with no phone (around south east Africa where other forms of communication aren't exactly plentiful either). So yes, this very tiny misunderstanding has most certainly convinced me to run as far from Three as I can get.

As far as recommending coming on here for issues, Sheena has submitted my IMEI again as other support staff have done, and the system has just rejected it again this morning.

As I've said before, I don't mean to criticize yourself or Sheena - I know you're doing you're best, it's the company that's broken, not your efforts. I don't envy your job.

Hi @User321, as I've clarified in my PM to you, that email was not as a result of my request here, as I'm dealing directly with the Unlocks team.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update.

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi @User321

I am sorry that you've been gave the run around from jumping about three call centre's and standing in stores but i'm sure that they staff in them werent "poor tormented very fed up" in them. I am sure the Three agents do love there jobs, I know I would if i was one of them.. haha! Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

On a more touching note, yes youve had to make do while abroad without an unlocked handset - thats got to be tough! Smiley Sad @Three_Sheena will get this one solved for you with the unlock dept - Im sure of it! Smiley Happy

If you came here and asked for this im sure it would have been unlocked by now... One way or another.

Anonymous
Thanks Sheena, good to hear.

Anonymous
Don't worry @Three_Sheena will sort you out.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
User Kudos Count
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter