Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Are you using the 02 network in my area?

Anonymous

Because it takes four working days to respond to an emailed complaint, I've decided to post this here. I am having exactly the same experience as the complainants in this thread:
http://forum.three.ie/t5/Anything-Else/My-question-about-bad-signal-inside-my-house/m-p/577#M72

I have been through all the resets, checks, etc. and have been told there is no issue, when quite clearly there is. SInce February, I have "No Service" on my phone in my house so often that I might as well not have a phone. Below is the email I sent, setting out the issue:

I am writing because I have had no satisfaction at all on the phone, having phoned several times since February about this issue.

Since February (not long after 3 purchased 02 so maybe that has something to do with it), I have been experiencing much poorer reception from 3 in my house and the area. My wife is also with 3 and has the same problem. I have phoned several times to try to resolve the issue, but the service has been completely unsatisfactory. I was told at one point that I would need to have at least 10 dropped calls before my issue would be escalated to a technician. I only got this answer when I pressed the issue with the the operative- he actually seemed very annoyed with me because I had already politely explained that I had already been through the various reset procedures on the iPhone so there was nothing he could do himself.

The problem is that I don’t get very many dropped calls, I get “No Service” a lot! So I can’t even make or receive calls that might get dropped!!

The reason I suspect 02 might be an issue is because when I had 02 I had exactly the same problem with reception.

This is very frustrating and frankly unacceptable. Three is not providing me with the service I signed up for. When I bought my three contract, the primary reason was that your reception was the best in my area. Since February 2015, this is no longer the case. Something has changed with your masts. Are you now using the 02 network in my area? Whatever has been done, my service has changed from great to very poor. I want you to explain what caused this change, why it was done, and how you are going to resolve the issue for me and my wife. Failing that, I think it is fair that I move to another operator, because you are breaching contract by not providing a service.

Please contact me via email/ PM or forum reply because I have no confidence in your phone operatives, and anyway the call will most likely go to voicemail and I will have to go stand in the corner of my bedroom to try to get any reception to phone you back!

Sincerely,

Tomás Mulcahy.

Chosen Solution

Re: Are you using the 02 network in my area?

3 Community Manager
If there's no 3G or 4G in the area, the phone will roam onto the 2G network, which may be the Vodafone 2G network in some areas.

Can you drop me a PM with both of the numbers and your details? I'll ask Tech to take an in depth look at the area for you.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Community Manager

Hi @TMulcahy, sorry to hear of your service issues. What phone are you and your wife using and whereabouts is home? If you'd prefer to say privately feel free to send me a PM.

Anonymous
Thanks Sheena. We're in Ladysbridge Co. Cork both with iPhone 5c.
Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Community Manager
Thanks, there was an issue in Castlematyr which might have affected your service but that seems to be resolved now.

Can you go to Settings - General - Network and Reset the Network Settings? That will delete any saved WiFi details but should also fix any incorrect settings on the iPhones.

Let me know if that makes a difference there. In general the 3G in the area should be excellent.

Anonymous

Hi Sheena,

Thanks but just like the other three times I've reset network settings this year, a fourth time has made no difference at all.

Can you explain the strange coincidence of this issue occurring right around the time that 3 bought the 02 network?

It might be worth noting that my wife's iPhone 5c has lately started choosing the "vodafone IE' network instead of the 3 network she is paying for. She is a former Vodafone customer so it may be the case that her number is still valid with that network.

3 Community Manager
If there's no 3G or 4G in the area, the phone will roam onto the 2G network, which may be the Vodafone 2G network in some areas.

Can you drop me a PM with both of the numbers and your details? I'll ask Tech to take an in depth look at the area for you.

Anonymous
Best customer service ever! Thanks Sheena Smiley Happy

3 Community Manager
Haha, my pleasure! Enjoy your weekend Smiley Happy

Legend

My phone is still on DoBs Digifone network in Athlone :-)

DSC_4707.JPG

3 Community Manager
Seriously old school!!
Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>