iPhone 8 Pre Oder

Navigator

I ordered the iPhone 8 on 20th Sept.

Everyday since ordered I have used the livechat on three.ie to speak to a rep regarding the order status and each time its the same generic response 'orders will be shipped in the order they were placed' or something similar. I've copied the transcipt of these chats also. What is the point in having an 'order tracking' system if all it says is 'Order out of stock'. 

This affords no reassurance to customers as to where their order is, and I'm quite annoyed at this stage. I'd like a proper update as to when to expect my phone, according to the reps it should be tomorrow or early next week. Otherwise, I'd like to cancel my order and just purchase in store.

Thanks

Re: iPhone 8 Pre Oder

Scout
I agree communication on pre-orders has been poor. I too purchased a pre-order iphone 8 on September 21st. Received email saying " If you have purchased a pre-order device, please delete this email- your pre-ordered device will be shipped by its advertised release date." Email also stated
" A Customer Service advisor will be in touch to confirm expected delivery date and to check if you would like to wait for this device to come back into stock or change your order." Needless to say I was not contacted by a customer service advisor.
When I last posted here looking for information, I was told " the device is out of stock" & that was it. I wasn't given any indication of a timeline. Messaged three through twitter & was told it would be delivered within 10 working days. I'm hopeful that will be the case!
Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Moderator

Hi @Jayeire and @Sinead2, we’re dispatching all customer’s phones in the order they were placed. Our stock is received directly from Apple and we can't guarantee that all orders will be delivered right away due to the popularity of this model. You can track your order on our website here 👉 http://bit.ly/1W9ZoW7

Navigator
Hi Kelly,

Not to be rude, but could you please give a proper answer? You're response
was the exact type of generic response I was complaining about.

Once again, the tracker does not work. It says "order out of stock". Can
you escalate this internally please? I am going on holiday Friday next week
and would expect to receive my phone prior to that.

Thanks.

3 Moderator

Our stock is received directly from Apple and we have been advised that you should receive it within 10 working days of the order being placed. Due to the popularity of the model we can't guarantee that all orders will be delivered right away.

Navigator
Hi Kelly,

This is the same copy & paste response I received in live chat on three.ie.

Can you advise what date I'll receive the phone? I ordered on the 20th. Ten
working days after the 20th is wednesday 4th. Will I receive it then? If
you can't answer this could you kindly put me in touch with your manager?

I need to know today whether I should cancel my order and just buy in
store, if it is not going to be delivered on time.

3 Moderator

The phones are being delivered in the order they were placed. You will receive an email once the phone is on it's way to you. If you can PM me your name, address and date of birth plus the order number, I can look into this. 

Navigator
Hi Brogan,

I've PM'd you my details.

3 Moderator

Just got back to your PM. 

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean