Why doesn't the mobile broadband buy add-on function work on My3?

System has been telling me for three days that the buy add-on service is unavailable and to try again later. Live Chat completely useless. Wasted almost half an hour on line before the agent told me he was having the same problem as me and abruptly ended the session. Filed a complaint by email and the agent there told me to use Live Chat for a 'quickr response'. The add-on problem has been around for at least a year. But note that 3 have no problem when it comes to taking your money for a top-up ....  Completely hopeless provider.

Posted From Apple iPad

Re: Why doesn't the mobile broadband buy add-on function work on My3?

3 Moderator

Hi SteveC, can you PM us your broadband number, name, address and DOB, I'll check this out Smiley Happy 

[ Edited ]

Tnx

broadband addon

Anonymous
Every time i try to buy a broadband addon for my USB stick i get this message:

Buy Add-ons.

Sorry, there's been a problem.
We know about it and are working hard to fix it.

My account has enough money and i cant call thr service because the sim deoesnt fit in my Handy sim-slot.

Is there another Option to get this 2gb addon
Posted From Generic Android 1.5

Anonymous
I have the same Problem for days...need this addon for roaming and no Chance ti buy it in the Website.
Three.ie worked really good for me for me for some years now they know there is a Problem and dort fix it.
Posted From Generic Android 1.5

3 Moderator

Hi bobusan, if you call 083 3333 444 can you add this addon? Pop us a PM with your account details and I'll get this logged with our tech team for you. 

Anonymous

I have been experiencing the same issue for the past 3 months - at what stage is Three going to:

1. Fix the issue
  2. Take down the broken part of the web-site until issue is resolved
  3. Train their support staff is help customers QUICKLY

Three, you have taken my money and you are not providing a service. Shame on you.

Customers are walking away.

3 Staff

I've gotten back to your other message on this now. Can you let me know if this is working for you okay today? 

Highlighted

Why dont you simply solve this long-standing problem instead of getting people to send you PMs that waste eveybidy's time because they do not help? I contacted you a month ago about this hassle and the website still isn't working. Now I need to buy another add-on and can't. But you have no problems when ut comes to taking top-up money from people. There is a name for dodgy practices like this ...

Posted From Apple iPad

I have had the same experience as the above users for at least 3 months now. It's driving me crazy. Topping up online is no problem but I can't buy a broadband add-on online. Everytime I ring 3 to buy the add-on they express disbelief that I could be experiencing this issue and speak to me like I'm a complete idiot!!
Eventhough I've spoken to them so many times about the same issue, they still seem to think that there's no issue with their website. It's so so frustrating. I just rang them there now to do the same thing again and the automatic service eventually told me to ring back after 8am and hung up on me.
Its 6.30pm Sat evening.
This is worst service of all time.
Posted From Sony D2203

3 Staff

Have you tried calling 0833334444 to buy this add-on for your account?

Re: Why doesn't the mobile broadband buy add-on function wor

Navigator
This is a mobile number and I have clocked up huge charges doing this from the UK which I 3.ie should refund me.
Where is the landline number for people outside Ireland?

3 Moderator

Hi BS, the number that you can call us while abroad is +353833333333. 

Leader

@SteveC@BS@username555

I have been in contact wityh Comreg regarding this function because I believe it has not worked for at least 18months and like you I get the standard BS when I ring about it.

One operator stated that the system wont allow you to purchase an addon if you have no credit left i.e. if you have used up all your allowence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it?????????

Anyway Comreg said they would look into it.

After months of getting nowhere by ringing that number - as described above, I would always end up being directed to a customer service representative - I eventually started playing around with the numbered options.
If you go into Top-up (even though you don't need a Top-up) by selecting 1, then choose 2, the following 3rd option then offers to buy a broadband add-on. So this is how I now buy them. Top up online and ring up for add on. Pain in the neck.
Thanks Peedoff, the staff there clearly aren't Three customers!
Posted From Sony D2203

Rubbish of course. They have been "looking into it" for at least two years.
Complete cretins. But note that while they won't let you buy an add-on
because of a "problem" that they "know about" they have no difficulty in
taking your money for a top-up. I am going to complain to the regulator.

3 Moderator

Hi SteveC, can you send me a PM with your number, name, address and date of birth, please? I'd like to get this checked out. 

Brogan, I've heard it all before, done it all before, wasted time, money
and effort without a solution to this long-standing problem. I'm going to
do what I should have done long ago - dump 3 and switch to a better
provider. Regards, Steve

3 Moderator

I'm very sorry to hear this Steve and would love to get this resolved for you. If you change your mind, pop me a PM and I'll look into it further for you.

Leader

We have all heard this before  an like the LOGON function, Three continously say that nothing is wrong and that it must be individual cases......................................  We are not MUSHROOMS and dont live on excrement

If a function does not work or is faulty then EXPLAIN the situation ...............................ITS SIMPLE

And IF yOU have no intention of fixing the issue with the Broadband addon purchase then REMOVE THE FUNCTION and stop pissing people off

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter