Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Replacement Sim Query

Leader

My partner who is on O2 got a new phone for Christmas it needed a nano sim

I got a new one today from Carphone Warehouse as my local 3Store (Dungarvan)

was not opened even thought it was meant to be.

I eventually got the sim activated through live chat, but now it only allows 2G connection

where as her old O2 sim allowed 3G connection was I given the incorrect sim in CPW

or is this a ruse to get O2 people to port to 3??

Chosen Solution

Re: Replacement Sim Query

Solution
Accepted by topic author MikeC59
‎28-12-2016 01:25 PM
Leader

This problem is now resolved

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Solution
Accepted by topic author MikeC59
‎28-12-2016 01:25 PM
Leader

This problem is now resolved

3 Community Manager

Delighted to hear that @MikeC59 Smiley Happy What happened out of curiosity? All SIMs available from Three should give full service on 2G, 3G and 4G, as long as the service is available in that area. 

Leader
Hi Sheen it's an import phone that can take 2 sims but 2G, 3G & 4G only
work in sim 1 sim 2 will only receive 2G, got there with the help of live
chat👍

3 Community Manager

That's interesting, we don't sell dual-SIM phones so they're not something I've ever learned much about, but I know others on the community have mentioned that same issue with them before.

I'll remember that for next time, that some dual-SIM phones will only allow 2G in one of the slots. Thanks @MikeC59 Smiley Wink 

Navigator
Hello, there is a problem with my SIM that came with my new phone as it wasn't activating. So I was advised to go and get a replacement SIM, which I have done. Can anyone help to activate it if I get you the new SIM number as I desparetly need my phone for work
Posted From Android 2.0

3 Moderator

Hi @Jwest 👋 I certainly can. You can activate your new SIM by following this link 👉 http://bit.ly/1Rig6kD . Once you fill out all the info correctly you'll have your SIM up and running in 2 - 4 hours. Ashlee 

Navigator
I've already tried this countless times. It's saying the number doesn't exist so I haven't a clue how I'm suppose to activate it. I need to call someone
Posted From Android 2.0

3 Moderator

If you're looking to speak to someone @Jwest, you can give us a call on 1913 or 083 3333 333. Alternatively, if you'd like you can pop me a PM with your info and I can take a look at that for you here myself. 

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter