Old o2 contract , contract change

Leader
Hi mods
I got a text about a change of contract and an increase in price..
I thought (incorrectly apparently!) that 3 had to honour o2 contracts?
I haven't received a letter re changes..
any clarification would be welcome
Thanks
Ruth Smiley Happy
Posted From Apple iPhone

Re: Old o2 contract , contract change

3 Moderator

Hi Ruth, here's how to contact our dedicated teams to discuss these changes 👉 goo.gl/7q6QZ5 

Leader
Thanks Julie D any chance you could just give me low down on it?
Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Moderator

Our dedicated team will be able to give you all the info on this Ruth.  If you need help with anything else let me know. 

Leader
Thanks Julie,
So I was wrong in thinking that o2 contracts were protected?
Why didn't I get a contract change text until now? I.e. Why not when the vast bulk of customers did? As I did with my bb acc..

I know... talk to dedicated team.. but I want to talk to forum dedicated team! Smiley Wink
Posted From Apple iPhone
Highlighted

Legend
All contracts will be increased, there was a tiny link at bottom of homepage where you could the price increase.

Posted From Sony E5823

Lookout
I am also a customer with the old O2 contract. For us who are not on unlimited data a huge increase on the charge for going over data allowance was also brought in - very quietly! On the text to say that the bill was going up by €5 there was no mention of this increase. Also not available online on this link http://www.three.ie/customer-notification/ why??
Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Moderator

Hi there, the text you received had a link in it which brought you to another page with more information on what was changing.  If you have any further questions you can contact our dedicated teams here 👉 goo.gl/vSn68d 

Leader
In fairness the text I received gave a link and stated it was to show all changes and price increases. And if you phoned there were a number of options available that were offered if you didn't wish to accept change to current contact, which I didn't!
Posted From Apple iPhone

Lookout
The thing about that text which annoyed me is that it very clearly gave you information that the bill was being increased by €5. Then there was the aside of you can also check online re prices. The increase for the out of data allowance was 300%!! I think that warrants more transparency and should been included in the upfront text information about the €5 increase.
Posted From Apple iPhone

Lookout
Apologies- I was incorrect. The increase is more like 2000% not 300%! It went from 0.36 c per mb to 6.15 c per mb
Posted From Apple iPhone

Leader
That's a hell of an increase!
I had unlimited data on my very old o2 plan but if I had accepted the changes I would've lost a discount plus had an added €5 so it would've cost me an extra €10 pm.. when I phoned to say I wasn't going to accept the changes I was offered a plan that actually reduced my bill by just over €5 and includes ayce data plus 7 gb eu roaming
Posted From Apple iPhone

Leader
I wonder if those who received letters rather than a text re the contract changes had the full information laid out for them?
Posted From Apple iPhone

Lookout
I think for a 1600% increase nobody should have been asked to "click a link". For an increase of that magnitude customers should have been told directly.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter