Old o2 contract , contract change

Leader
Hi mods
I got a text about a change of contract and an increase in price..
I thought (incorrectly apparently!) that 3 had to honour o2 contracts?
I haven't received a letter re changes..
any clarification would be welcome
Thanks
Ruth Smiley Happy
Posted From Apple iPhone
Highlighted

Re: Old o2 contract , contract change

Hi Ruth, here's how to contact our dedicated teams to discuss these changes 👉 goo.gl/7q6QZ5 

Leader
Thanks Julie D any chance you could just give me low down on it?
Posted From Apple iPhone

Our dedicated team will be able to give you all the info on this Ruth.  If you need help with anything else let me know. 

Leader
Thanks Julie,
So I was wrong in thinking that o2 contracts were protected?
Why didn't I get a contract change text until now? I.e. Why not when the vast bulk of customers did? As I did with my bb acc..

I know... talk to dedicated team.. but I want to talk to forum dedicated team! Smiley Wink
Posted From Apple iPhone

Legend
All contracts will be increased, there was a tiny link at bottom of homepage where you could the price increase.

Posted From Sony E5823

Lookout
I am also a customer with the old O2 contract. For us who are not on unlimited data a huge increase on the charge for going over data allowance was also brought in - very quietly! On the text to say that the bill was going up by €5 there was no mention of this increase. Also not available online on this link http://www.three.ie/customer-notification/ why??
Posted From Apple iPhone

Hi there, the text you received had a link in it which brought you to another page with more information on what was changing.  If you have any further questions you can contact our dedicated teams here 👉 goo.gl/vSn68d 

Leader
In fairness the text I received gave a link and stated it was to show all changes and price increases. And if you phoned there were a number of options available that were offered if you didn't wish to accept change to current contact, which I didn't!
Posted From Apple iPhone

Lookout
The thing about that text which annoyed me is that it very clearly gave you information that the bill was being increased by €5. Then there was the aside of you can also check online re prices. The increase for the out of data allowance was 300%!! I think that warrants more transparency and should been included in the upfront text information about the €5 increase.
Posted From Apple iPhone

Lookout
Apologies- I was incorrect. The increase is more like 2000% not 300%! It went from 0.36 c per mb to 6.15 c per mb
Posted From Apple iPhone

Leader
That's a hell of an increase!
I had unlimited data on my very old o2 plan but if I had accepted the changes I would've lost a discount plus had an added €5 so it would've cost me an extra €10 pm.. when I phoned to say I wasn't going to accept the changes I was offered a plan that actually reduced my bill by just over €5 and includes ayce data plus 7 gb eu roaming
Posted From Apple iPhone

Leader
I wonder if those who received letters rather than a text re the contract changes had the full information laid out for them?
Posted From Apple iPhone

Lookout
I think for a 1600% increase nobody should have been asked to "click a link". For an increase of that magnitude customers should have been told directly.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter
World Photo Day Competition 📱