Pathfinder
Accepted Solution

New EU roaming shambles, charged for roaming after April 3rd

[ Edited ]
We got a very brief letter a few weeks ago, stating that form 3rd of April we have to pay more for our plan, but we get 1 GB free data roaming in the EU thereafter.

There was very little info about the details. I tried to get more in the forum in the read below, but was only referred to a phone number that was always busy and calling 1913 I got the info that I should receive a letter with details shortly, which never arrived. 

Having been on holiday in Austria over Easter if found that on two of our 3 SIM cards T-Mobile Austria, which should be a roaming partner was blocked, effectively leaving me with no roaming in the ski resort, see

Now I found that I was charged for Data roaming on one of the SIM cards, because apparently the changes kick only in with your next bill after the 3rd of April, although this was in no way made clear.

The chat response from a  support agent named Kalpesh was:
“... let make this clear to you the new price plan was effective from 3rd of April it didn't state that you can use the benefits from 3rd of April

"You should have contacted us to get this clear and it does not shows anywhere that you can use it from 3rd of April “

Outrageous!!

Re: New EU roaming shambles, charged for roaming after April

Hi bgx, in early March  we began communicating changes to customers’ plans. This would have stated from April 3rd that the change to customers plans would start.

If you need me to check out anything PM us your number, name, address and DOB? ​​​​​​​

You can give us feedback by taking a survey.
It pops up on the bottom left hand side of your screen.
Need to send me a PM? Click here.
Pathfinder

[ Edited ]

Exactly: it stated that the changes would start from 3rd of April. Or as Kalpesh put it, the new plan would be “effective” from 3rd April, which in my vocabulary means “changes take effect from 3rd of April”.
But I was still charged for roaming between the 10th and 14th April, because apparently in your vocabulary “effective” does not mean that I would be able to “benefit from the changes” after the plan becomes “effective”

All changes to customer's plans began on the 3rd of April. All changes come into affect on the next bill cycle date after the 3rd of April. For example, if your cycle date is the 10th of every month. The new changes would of come into affect on the 10th of April. If you'd like me to check this for you, pop me a PM with your name, address and date of birth. 

Pathfinder

Thanks for spelling this out clearly now, Brogan. This is how I came to understand it in hindsight and according to this I was billed correctly.

The complaint stands, though, that this was in no way communicated clearly before and support staff still use terminology like “changes took effect from 3rd of April”, which probably let not only me to believe I could avail of “free” roaming in the EU from 3rd of April.

I am happy to PM you my details if you are are willing to refund the charges accrued because of this.

Highlighted

Hi bgx on your letter it would have stated the date your new plan would start. These charges would be valid and we'd be unable to refund. 

Leader

Probably in VERY Very Very small writing ................................I would imagine.

Its all in how they word it  ................................eh @Three_Julie_D  ??????????????????????

Pathfinder

[ Edited ]

scan0002.jpg

I checked the original letter. It literally states:

"We're getting in touch to let you know that the price of your plan will increase by €4.59 per month on your first bill after 3rd April 2017

Your plan now includes a new additional data allowance, which along with your calls and text allowance, can be used when roaming in the EU."

Explicitly this is saying that right now my plan includes the new "free" roaming, which will be reflected in my first bill after April 3rd. It is not at all saying that the feature will only be available after my first bill after the 3rd of April.

Leader

I agree

Give this CUSTOMER a refund................................And Try to keep some LOYAL Customers

Hi bgx, I'm more than happy to take a look at this for you. In order for me to check this out, I'll need the details we requested previously by PM.