Pathfinder

Less roaming partners on new "free" EU roaming? Austria

We are abroad for the first time after the roaming changes kicked in earlier this month (monthly fee increased/no more roaming charges in EU).  However, I can't get any connection now in areas, where I believe I could roam on previous visits to Austria.

We can  connect to 3 AT in urban areas, but get no connection at the ski resort. According to https://apps.three.ie/roaming/phone/billpay/austria T-Mobile should be a roaming partner, but when we go to manual network provider search it is listed as blocked.  

I called 1913 and the agent I spoke to reset our roaming profiles, but there is no change. Can it be that with the new "free" EU roaming set-up we can only use the 3 network abroad now? That would be  bad deal indeed: we pay extra to get the "free" roaming now but roaming options have severely decreased if that's the case.

Who exactly are the roaming partners I can use in Austria?

Screenshot_2017-04-14-21-08-11.png

Re: Less roaming partners on new "free" EU roaming? Austria

Hi @bgx, Thanks for getting in touch about this. When you called up about this and we updated your profile did you switch your phone off and on to rest it on your side?

Pathfinder

Re: Less roaming partners on new "free" EU roaming

Thanks Bob, I switched it off twice and accepted the new profile message on restart. No difference. T-Mobile still appears as blocked.

Just to confirm @bgx was this a restart of the phone or a full reboot? 

Pathfinder

What do you mean by full re-boot? Like a factory reset? I just restarted the phone.

My bad @bgx- I mean for a reboot of the phone to turn the phone completely off for a few minutes then turn it back on again.

Pathfinder

Thanks Bob. I switched it off now and left it for almost 10 minutes. No difference.
Can you confirm that T-Mobile actually still is a roaming partner?
Highlighted

Will you PM your number, address and DOB please so I can have a look into this for you please? 

Scout

Hi there,
I would just like to check something about ringing a friend who is currently in Northern Ireland (they are using a Republic of Ireland number)
Is ringing this Republic of Ireland number while they are in Northern Ireland included in the minutes in my plan? Or does it cost me anything extra at all to ring them? Will I end up paying an extra roaming type charge to call them?
Thank you,
Rob

Top Liked Authors