Re: I've been trying to buy a broadband add on with cash credits but it doesn't work

We're looking in to this as we speak @tom22159 and hope to hav it sorted as quickly as we can. 

You can give us feedback by taking a survey.
It pops up on the bottom left hand side of your screen.
Need to send me a PM? Click here.
Pre-order the new Galaxy S8
Explorer

Re: I've been trying to buy a broadband add on with cash credits but it doesn't work

I'm still having this problem, over 4 weeks now

When I click to buy any of the broadband options I get...

There is a problem:

• This service is currently unavailable.

Please try again later.

Can someone please give me a phone number to get this sorted.

I would have changed provider but I have 37euros sitting there in my account that I want to use

Explorer

Got through to helpline

particularly unhelpful

Cannot tell me anything other than 'it is prioritised'

no timeframe, no feedback mechanism

will be changing provider asap

Explorer

Bob the moderator posted:

Hi Guys, Have you tried calling 0833334444 to buy an add-on for this?

This number doesn't work from outside Ireland,

just get 'The number you have dialed has not been recognised, please check and try again'

08333333333 gets me to a menu with various options but no option to buy an add-on!

If you send me a PM with your broadband number I'll help you with this. Rachel 

Explorer

Pm sent yesterday
Posted From Apple iPhone
Explorer

Spoke to a very nice person on live chat 2 days ago , I think the name was Eisha
She reassured me twice the problem would be expediared and would be fixed in 24-48 hours.
Tried online a few minutes ago.
Still not working!
Posted From Apple iPhone

Hey there, what error are you getting when trying to buy an add on? Mairéad

Explorer

Error now is:

Buy Add-ons.

Sorry, there's been a problem.

We know about it and are working hard to fix it.

- this is getting rediculous!

I can activate the add on for you if you wish and I'll get the issue escalated with our tech team.

Explorer

Can you do that for me too?
Posted From Apple iPhone
Explorer

I.e. Fix it
Posted From Apple iPhone
Explorer

Mairead...
Take a moment to look through all my previous posts and you should get a precise idea of the problem
Posted From Apple iPhone

Our tech team are still working on this to get this resolved. If you need me to add this for you PM me your broadband number, address and DOB? 

Explorer

The 'tech team' apparently have been working on this for over 4 weeks. It getting to be a bit silly now I'm sure you'll agree. Any idea when the tech team might be able to solve this?
Any time I've asked this before I just get 'the tech team are working on it'
Posted From Apple iPhone

I don't have any update on this at the mo @bristow. As soon as I do I'll be straight back to you here. 

Explorer

Cheers Three_Bob
Posted From Apple iPhone
Explorer

Hi three_Bob and rest of the three team
Any further forward?
No luck at my end trying to add a broadband option online
Feeling decidedly peeved

Posted From Apple iPhone
Community Manager

Hi @bristow, this hasn't been fixed yet I'm afraid, and it could be another few weeks due to the complexity of the systems involved. I suggest using 0833334444 for now and we'll post up here as soon as we have an update on it.

Navigator

Today is March 5th 2017 and I still cant buy online and I've had this problem for over three months. Its unbelievable that this cant be sorted out in a timely way. This facility used to work perfectly up until around Christmas when the buy online service just stopped and error reports started to appear.

For people living overseas this is a real problem as I now have to call 3 every time I want to purchase.

Really disappointed that 3 cant get this resolved. I feel we are being fobbed off with excuses as I was told over 6 weeks ago this would be resolved quickly.

how do we escalate this to someone senior in 3 please- like the CEO? can you provide an address for complaints please?

Three_Sheena wrote:

Hi @bristow, this hasn't been fixed yet I'm afraid, and it could be another few weeks due to the complexity of the systems involved. I suggest using 0833334444 for now and we'll post up here as soon as we have an update on it.