Billpay
Unsure of the Billpay plans, addons or need an update to your account? Pop into this section to get advice, information and help.
Accepted Solution

Cancel contract

Anonymous
Hi Three
Can any of you help me.
My contract with 3 is up on the 18th of September 2016.
I know that I have to give 30 days notice.
However, I am not sure how best to do this.
Part of your website says that you have to do so in writing, it emphasises this in bold letters.
But elsewhere under conditions it says you can call.
I want to do everything right, so the contract does not renew.
Please help. I wasnt able to find any email address on the website. When I clicked on email form, the web text came up, which is not what I want.
If I need to cancel by snail mail, what postal addresd will I use, and to whom will I address it to?
I sm keen that this letter is reieved, as I dont want to be told that I have not given proper notice. Thanks.
Posted From Samsung GT-I9060I

Chosen Solution

Re: Cancel contract

Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
‎30-06-2016 01:52 PM
3 Staff

You can give your 30 days notice Sona here. Send on your details by PM and I'll note it for you, just need  your number, address and DOB. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
‎30-06-2016 01:52 PM
3 Staff

You can give your 30 days notice Sona here. Send on your details by PM and I'll note it for you, just need  your number, address and DOB. 

Anonymous
Hi Thanks v much. Ill do that☺
What does pm mean.
Sona.

3 Staff

A PM is a private message. If you look underneath this comment, you'll see an option to "Send Private Message".

Select that & enter the details Smiley Happy

Hi I rang to cancel my contract re letter issued, after a 40 min wait I got through and gave the girl my details, she put me on hold while she organised it. The phone was cut off then. Do I have to call again and wait all over again, this was my 3rd time calling 

Posted From Apple iPad

I have received a letter stating there will be changes to my contract, I do not accept these changes and have been trying to phone the 1800 number provided but I am unable to reach anyone.

It comes back call failed or rings out.

Can you advise me on how to proceed?

Explorer
I too wish to cancel my contracts. I do not wish to speak to anyone as I don't have the time. Is there a cancellation email address I can use?
Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Moderator

Hi Cynthia1971, can you send me a PM with your name, number, address and date of birth? I'll check this out.

3 Moderator

Hi LeonaM, you will need to give our dedicated team a call to discuss this further. They will go through this in detail with you. I do apologise about the delay in getting through. There are delays at the moment due to a high number of calls. Keep in mind, you have up until the 3rd of April to contact us by phone. 

3 Moderator

Hi dazcord, you will need to give our dedicated team a call about the recent contract changes. This can only be done over the phone. Please keep in mind that you have up until the 3rd of April to get in touch. 

i just sent you a pm with my details.

cynthia

3 Moderator

Thanks Cynthia1971! I've gotten back to your PM there. 

Unacceptable changes to contract

Hello Three.

I too received your increase of charges in your letter, as did the rest of my family. We will not accept you altering our contracts. Honour the contract that you signed with us. We do not need to pay more money for coverage in Europe that we never sought nor do require. YOUR 1800 818 021 number fails to connect, and never rings for me. I can see on Boards and other forums that more and more people are having problems with trying to register their non-acceptance of your altering the contract. Three I believe is doing this deliberately, making it difficult to even talk with them. If I cannot contact Three and my extended family is likewise failing how can we register our non-acceptance of altered terms.

Since I have signally failed how do I formally complain to Three, so I can move this difficulty to the next stage

Thanking you Billy

Re: Unacceptable changes to contract

3 Staff

Hi Billy, there are delays at the moment due to the high number of calls. You can ring our 1913 number and we'll be able to help with this now, you do have until the 3rd of April to ring about this. 

I have been on the phone constantly from 9am trying to get someone to answer my call re: contract changes.  The call abruptly ends before I get to talk to someone.   I understand there is a high volume of calls but why then does the message at the start tell me,"alternatively I can chat to someone on three.ie/chat" ????.  Also are we being charged for these calls?.

Posted From Apple iPad

Waiting over 40 mins to speak to someone. No chat option available either. It's a disgrace.
Posted From Samsung SM-J320FN

Explorer

in the small print, 10.1 (d):

You can end the agreement without penalty if we notify you at least one month in advance of a variation to your agreement. You must give notice to Three Customer Services. Continued usage of services at any stage after such variation shall be taken as acceptance of same. 

Doesn't specify how notice must be given, so to fulfil the terms and conditions you can use the email address to do so....... customer.services.ie@3mail.com

Posted From Apple iPad

Explorer

Further to that, email address is no longer monitored-just got an outdo reply. Good old fashioned envelope and stamp it is then.

Posted From Apple iPad

I would appreciate it if you could cancel my contract with immediate effect. 

Please note I've given notice within the 30 days required notice, I've tried to phone to cancel and couldn't get through.

Thank you

Aisling 

Posted From Samsung SM-T310

Hi Three mobile, as per your comments above you say we have until April 3rd cancel. Why did I have to spend over 2 hours this afternoon on phone and chat to be told repeatedly I cannot now cancel without penalty and really that I should have done it yesterday. As per other comments here there was major difficulties getting thru to the line and as I was ringing from work landline I could not wait indefinitely to get through.....
Posted From Samsung SM-G920F
Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter