Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Can't contact customer service since account seems gone

Lookout

So yesterday I contacted three to get an unlock code for my phone. I rang them up, talked to the customer service rep and was told the request was being put through. I then went and transferred my phone number to a new network. Get home and find an email:

Hi there,

Thank you for your recent unlock code request for IMEI XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

It is necessary for an authorised contact on the account linked to this device to contact Customer Care directly to progress with this request.

Try a SIM card from another network in the device to confirm that it is network locked.

Please do not reply directly as this is an automated email.

Three Customer Care

I tried ringing customer care but it is impossible to actually get through to anyone since it seems that the second my phone number transferred you guys deleted my account completely. Web logon gone, phone support gone, I can't even get through to a human.

It is doubly frustrating since the request was actually initiated directly via a call to customer care, made from the phone where I did the whole name, address, date of birth verification. I have tried the 1913 number, the 0833333333 number, from my own phone and others but in all cases there is the contact about your number or another number option and whatever I put into either the service just hangs up.

I tried web chat, not working (I tried three different browsers). Of course the email I got has a no-reply address so I can't reply to that. So can someone please tell me what I need to do to sort this out?

Re: Can't contact customer service since account seems gone

3 Moderator

Hi @eamob 👋 I'll certainly check this out for you. Can you send a private message with the IMEI of the phone you want to unlock? Can you also confirm your name, address and date of birth please? Mairéad

Lookout

Hi Mairead,

Just following up on this, I was contacted by carphone warehouse yesterday saying that they had submitted the updated IMEI number to you. I put through a request to get the unlock code for this new IMEI and got the same "you need to contact a support rep" message as before but this time for the correct IMEI.

If you could process this now and let it be known that I have been in touch to confirm that would be great,

Thank you,

Eamonn

3 Moderator

Hi @eamob 👋 Can you confirm how Carphone Warehouse did this, did they call customer care or send an email? Mairéad

Lookout

They emailed a message that the device had been repaired or replaced as far as I am aware. They contacted me yesterday to let me know it had been received.

Highlighted

3 Moderator

Can you send me a PM with your name, address, IMEI and date of birth please? 

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>