Accepted Solution

Xperia X receives new update (34.3.A.0.206)

Legend

Xperia X receives new update (34.3.A.0.206) with July 2017 security patch

Sony Mobile has begun to roll a new firmware update for the Xperia X that moves the build number from 34.3.A.0.194 to version 34.3.A.0.206. The ‘194’ update was the first to feature Android 7.1.1 Nougat, so Sony may have quashed some bugs in the latest build, but we can’t say for sure as, annoyingly, Sony never includes a changelog in their releases. What we can see is that the Android security patch has been updated to 1 July 2017 (from 1 June previously).

Chosen Solution

Re: Xperia X receives new update (34.3.A.0.206)

Solution
Accepted by topic author billbond4
‎11-08-2017 11:20 AM
Navigator

@billbond4 I'm using a Kingston 64GB XC MicroSD - It's only a few months old, since I had issues with my last SanDisk MicroSD corrupting random photos.

You were right though, that it will save recorded videos to the internal memory, so it's an issue with saving it to the memory card unfortunately.

New question for you... Since you seem to be very good with this stuff!  Is there a way to keep bluetooth active on the Xperia X? Mine keeps turning itself off, which is annoying when I start driving somewhere, and then realise that my phone isn't connected to the car bluetooth.  When I googled the issue, this seems to be a common problem and people are writing their own apps to turn the bluetooth back on!

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Navigator

Do you know if there's a known issue with the camera recording video? My new Xperia X freezes any time it tries to save a recorded video.

3 Staff

Hi @lisaw, How long is this happening you? Sounds like you may need to pop in to your nearest Three store and the guys can check this for you there. 

Legend
You recording onto your memory card or the phone? I would change to recording onto the phone and that should sort you out.
You memory card may need to be reformatted

Posted From Android 2.0

Legend
Or do you have a video recording app? What class is your memory card?
What setting are you recording video, HD... Etc?

Posted From Android 2.0

[ Edited ]
Navigator

Thanks heaps for your help @billbond4. I'm just using the video recorder option in the phone camera.  I looked at the quality, thinking that it may be defaulting too high for my memory card, and it was set to the factory default of Full HD (30fps), so I changed it to just HD, but still the same problem.  

[ Edited ]
Navigator

Thanks @Three_Bob, I will be heading into a Three store on the weekend.  I haven't been able to record video since I got the phone, 3 weeks ago, but wanted to check if it was a software issue, before returning the handset to the store.

Solution
Accepted by topic author billbond4
‎11-08-2017 11:20 AM
Navigator

@billbond4 I'm using a Kingston 64GB XC MicroSD - It's only a few months old, since I had issues with my last SanDisk MicroSD corrupting random photos.

You were right though, that it will save recorded videos to the internal memory, so it's an issue with saving it to the memory card unfortunately.

New question for you... Since you seem to be very good with this stuff!  Is there a way to keep bluetooth active on the Xperia X? Mine keeps turning itself off, which is annoying when I start driving somewhere, and then realise that my phone isn't connected to the car bluetooth.  When I googled the issue, this seems to be a common problem and people are writing their own apps to turn the bluetooth back on!

Legend
Next time you power off the phone remove the sim card and tell me what number is written inside the C letter that will indicate the speed. I think if you change the setting down it will be able to record on that card ok

Posted From Android 2.0

Legend
Try this, goto apps and select show system apps, then anything with Bluetooth in it, delete the data and cache to see if that helps . You will have to re-pair bt devices afterwards

Posted From Android 2.0

Legend
If that doesn't work the app mentioned here looks your best bet until an update comes out for the x
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Bluetooth-turn-itself-off/td-p/120473...

Posted From Android 2.0

Legend
Posted From Android 2.0

Navigator
Thanks @billbond4 on the card it says SDC 10G2 - so I guess it's a Class 10 card? Should I be looking for better than that for HD recording? Any recommendations? I'm Amazon looking at a Lexar Professional 128GB card now, that has a UHS-II rating. I didn't really want to spend a fortune on another card, but it's probably worth it, to have good quality photos and videos...

Legend
No, the class is fine.
You might need to format it again. Using the format on the phone

Posted From Android 2.0
Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter