Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Unable to receive texts Galaxy A5

Scout
Hi. I just upgraded from Galaxy S6 to a Galaxy A5 today and cannot receive texts.
I can make calls, send texts and receive calls but definitely not getting texts.
In car phone warehouse, they used the smart switch app instore to transfer my details, everything except my apps which I said I'd sort myself.
I first noticed that I wasn't getting texts when trying and failing to obtain pin details via sms for Facebook and WhatsApp login on new phone. I've since tried sending a text to myself and have asked two friends to send me texts too, one has android and the other an iPhone and I have not received anything.
Please advise. Thanks.
Posted From Samsung SM-A520F

Chosen Solution

Re: Unable to receive texts Galaxy A5

3 Moderator

Hi all, we are aware that some of our customers were having difficulty sending and receiving texts. This has been resolved and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

I can confirm this problem, SMS are not being delivered in Cork. Verified on an iPhone 7 and a Huawei P9, with Apple and Uber servers trying to deliver authentication SMS. Mobile-to-mobile SMS are also not delivered. Not an Android-specific problem.

Legend
Try using viber etc until issue is resolved

Posted From Android 2.0

Navigator
I'm also not receiving texts in Dublin on Samsung j5
Posted From Samsung SM-J510FN

Scout
I see a few people are having the same problem so I thought it was because I changed my phone!! I'm Galway region.
Posted From Samsung SM-A520F

3 Moderator

Hi all, we are aware that some of our customers were having difficulty sending and receiving texts. This has been resolved and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.