Android
Using an Android phone? Check out this section for the latest updates, apps and to chat about any issues you're having with the phone.

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) no Android 7.0 update?

Navigator

I was wondering if anyones Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) has updated to Android 7.0 yet? I know of many people who have this phone and it has updated but mine has not and the only difference between our phones is the network provider, is it up to Three to approve of updates or could it just be an issue with my phone? 

Re: Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) no Android 7.0 update?

3 Moderator

Hi @Fionahd33, I'll check this out and get back to you with an update. 

Navigator
Thanks Julie !

3 Moderator

Is this a A5 2017, A5 2016 or A5 2015?

Navigator
It's a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017

3 Moderator

This update should be available now for the A5 2017. Can you check for the update on your device? 

Navigator

I have checked, I checked with samsung and they told me that it is up to my service provider to roll out the update and there should not be an issue with my phone

3 Moderator

Can you PM me your full name, IMEI number of your phone, address and date of birth so I can access your account and check this out for you? 

Navigator

Posted From Samsung SM-A520F

Navigator
I have the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and I am still waiting on receiving the Android 7.0 Nougat update?

Navigator
I had the same problem until today, no one could tell me why I didn't receive the update until now, I've heard so many excuses. I manually checked for updates on my phone this morning and it said I had an update. I would suggest to check the update manually regularly.
Posted From Android 2.0

Navigator
Fionahd33 how do you have the update but the moderators are telling me that it is still in testing?

Navigator
I know many people with the same phone as mine and they all have the update, but they have a different network provider. I think the updates depend on what network you are with but I heard many different reasons as to why I didn't receive the update until now.
Posted From Android 2.0

Navigator
But you are with Three and have the update?

Navigator
I asked three this and samsung this. Three said if I didn't buy my phone with them then I won't receive the update but this isn't true, I didn't buy my phone from three but yet I got the update. Samsung told me that the updates are passed to the network provider and then the network provider rolls out the update. I've been given so many reasons as to why I didn't get the update. I'd suggest to try and get to a samsung store or chat with someone from samsung on their live chat and they may be able to help you.
Posted From Android 2.0

Navigator
I still haven't received the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Nougat update...when will it be released?

3 Moderator

Hi tcampbell 👋 We don't have a specific date for this release yet. When we have an update we'll put this up on our community. 

Navigator
Roughly how long do you expect this to be?

3 Moderator

I can't give you a direct time frame on this at the moment. However, I can guarantee our tech team are working to have this available ASAP. 

Lookout
Hey any update my phone still says 6.0.1 is the latest.
Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter