Re: Nougat update s6

3 Staff

The update may not be available for your phone yet. Did you get a message saying "software update" yet?

No, but why is it taking so long? The upgrade has been around since March! Will it be quicker if my phone is unlocked?

Cheers Carl
Posted From Samsung SM-G925F

3 Moderator

Hi @Cheers Carl, can you PM us your number, IMEI number, name, address and DOB? 

Any update on this im having the exact same issue!
Posted From Samsung SM-G920F

3 Moderator

Hi Nlfex, do you have the Samsung S6 as well? Was the phone bought on the Three network on Prepay or as an upgrade? 

I am having the same issue, not been rolled out to me, but has been to my father and the pay monthly phones were purchased on the same day in the same Three store! Not impressed after the bugs were resolved in April it still hasn't been roled out across the three network. You pride yourself on your customer service....but fail to keep your clients updated. I think after my contract ends shortly I'll find another service provider. Until then...push the update to ALL S6 PHONES. Oh....and if you can't be bothered doing it...don't lock andriod phones to three. We'll do it ourselves!

3 Moderator

Hi RuinAerlin 👋 I can look into this for you. Can you PM me your full name, number, the IMEI number of this phone, your address and date of birth so I can access your account?

[ Edited ]
Navigator

Hi Julie_D

Well I'm very happy to report my phone has now been updated to 7.1 and yes it has

breathed new life into the S6, which by the way, I bought from a 3 mobile shop.

The changes were not new to me as I said I had this update on other devices but I

am particularly drawn to the verbal activity of turning power saving on and off and I am

definitely seeing about 25% increase in battery staying power.

I like the changes but the wait has been intolerable.  Although I'm looking forward for

then NOTE 8 I suspect I'm going to switch to Apple now.  I am noticing an increase in

invasive apps built into the android OS by Samsung and Google and it unnerves me.

Posted From Google Nexus 9

Navigator
Got mine last week...keep checking for updates...I don't know why the roll out has been so random!
Highlighted

Navigator
Three_Brogan can you explain why the method of obtaining the phone or what contract type it's on would dictate the rollout of a system update, please?

3 Moderator

Hi Bogatic, 

The update is rolled out to all customers that are using are using the handset in which the update has been tested for. 

Navigator

No, I'm get that Joolz, but it doesn't answer the question of how a customer "obtains" a phone is relevant to when it is updated Smiley Happy

3 Staff

It would depend on when the manufacturer rolls out the update for a particular phone @BOGAITC

Scout
Hi my S6 is an unlocked phone into which I've put my Three sim. It's working perfectly but I'm still waiting for the nougat update. Please advise.

3 Moderator

Hi lamoond 👋 Have you tried updating the software on your phone yourself? If you haven't you ,might find this link here helpful 👉 http://bit.ly/2wRWe4p.

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter