Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Network Unlock PIN

Scout

I have my own device, a Galaxy S6, which I bought in the US (I live between here, frequently visiting Ireland).  I discovered my phone won't work with the Three SIM I had in a different phone.

I thought maybe that this was the phone's fault, so I swapped out the firmware to a non-carrier specific ROM, but now I'm just getting "SIM Network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK".  The PUK in my account doesn't work, so this appears to be something else.

Maybe this is what I need:  https://apps.three.ie/contact_form/unlockcode  = but the eligibility rules appear to disqualify me (even though I spent a lot with O2 before being forced onto 3, I haven't spent much since the switch).  Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chosen Solution

Re: Network Unlock PIN

Solution
Accepted by topic author cafelatte
‎04-09-2017 01:06 PM
3 Moderator

Hi cafelatte, you will need to get the phone unlocked to be able to use a Three SIM in the phone. You will need to get in touch with the provider that you bought the phone from in the US. They will request the unlock code for you. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Solution
Accepted by topic author cafelatte
‎04-09-2017 01:06 PM
3 Moderator

Hi cafelatte, you will need to get the phone unlocked to be able to use a Three SIM in the phone. You will need to get in touch with the provider that you bought the phone from in the US. They will request the unlock code for you. 

Scout

Ok, yeah, I figured out what happened. When I put T-Mobile US's ROM on the device, it set a network lock, and, although I've since switched out to a different ROM, the network lock remains.  They're not being helpful, so I'll resort to other options Smiley Happy

Cheers for the quick reply - good to know it's nothing to do with the three sim. 

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter