MMS and Internet settings?

Lookout

Hi,

I recently got a new Moto G4 Plus and ported to Three - however, I have had problems with MMS and Internet access since.

I have received several settings from Three but I can never get both MMS and Internet working at the same time. Currently, MMS is working but when I try to access the Internet, I get the message "you are offline". 

Is it possible that both MMS and Internet will never work on this phone?

Thanks,

BOF

Re: MMS and Internet settings?

Hi there, is it just data that's affected? How are your calls and texts? Have you turned off/on your phone since porting in?

Lookout

Yes, I've powered my phone on/off several times since porting - calls & texts are fine.

Just now, I manually added some settings that Three online support sent me and so now my Internet is working fine but MMS messages are not being sent. 

How many APNs should I have? I currently have two called '3' and '3mms' - the only difference between them seems to the APN type which is either 'default' or 'mms'.

Can you take a look at this checklist on our Community, and let me know if that helps? - https://bit.ly/1UYaaiz 

Lookout

Thanks Mairead, I set up an APN as described in that link and ti seems to have worked - both MMS and Internet are functioning correctly now.

You might want to give that APN set up to the online support guys!

Thanks again,

BOF

Brilliant, glad you're now up and running @bof! Have a great day 😊 Mairéad

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
User Kudos Count
Hot Topics