HTC One A9 SMS MMS issues

Lookout

Hello, 

My phone is an unlocked HTC One A9 previously used on AT&T, got a SIM card through 3 this week. 

Had to manually set up phone to match the internet settings here http://forum.three.ie/t5/3MadeEasy/Network-or-Coverage-Issues/ba-p/464 but I cannot send SMS messages (though I have had no issues receiving SMS from Three or my contacts) and I also cannot send or recieve MMS messages. I have had no issues at all with internet or accessing data, just trying to send and receive messages. Not sure 100% what exactly the issue is. 

Re: HTC One A9 SMS MMS issues

3 Moderator

Hi esquam,

Can you check your message centre number matches this +353830000800 

Lookout
Yes, it does match that number.

3 Moderator

Are your messages refusing to send or do you get any error message when you try to send a message? If you do can you send me a screen shot of this message? Can you check that your MMS settings are correct at this link here 👉 http://bit.ly/1IIQ8Cs? 

Lookout

Messages will not send, different error messages for each type (SMS and MMS). For SMS it says "Unable to send message after multiple attempts," for MMS it also says "Unable to send message after multiple attempts," but the notification for it says "generic network failure." I have 4G or 4G LTE, so it is not the service that is the issue. 

I am able to receive automated messages from my bank and from 3, I have received a text from a friend, and I can send and receive messages to and from myself, but cannot send anything to anyone.

When I try and enter the settings from the link, I save and back out to confirm and the APN is deleted, instead it just says APN settings not available for this user, and MMS and SMS messages still do not send. With these settings I can send and receive messages to myself but that is all, in addition my internet does not work with these settings.

3 Moderator

What make and model phone are you using? Can you send me a screenshots of both these error message please? Does manually selecting the 3G signal make any difference to your service? Can you PM me your full name, number, address and date of birth so I can access your account?

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter