HTC A9 Stock ruu

Explorer

Hi there,

I recently unlocked my bootloader on my HTC One A9. I'd like to upgrade the software now.. Is there a stock ruu available to download for the Three carrier? 

Thanks

Re: HTC A9 Stock ruu

3 Moderator

Hi des_irl, have you checked to see if there is an update available on the phone? What is the current software version on the phone at the minute? 

Explorer
Hi Brogan, current software is a custom build so I can't get an update for it. I'm looking to revert back to the stock software (Nougat preferably) so that I can then update to Oreo in due course..

3 Moderator

Can you send on a screenshot of the Software Update settings on your phone and I'll check this out?

Explorer
Hi Mairead, I don't have my phone to hand, as I left it at home today! Its acting up too, which is the primary reason I want to revert back to the stock software

There was a previous thread looking for the same ruu (http://community.three.ie/t5/Android/HTC-One-A9-RUU/td-p/756052)..

Is there any details I can provide instead of sending this on?
p.s. I am a 3 customer, if that helps. I can PM you my details

3 Moderator

Thanks, I've looked into this and we don't have a stock ROM that we can supply here, you would need to get the stock ROM from HTC directly, or if any other members reading this have a link that they could share, do feel free 👍

Explorer
Thanks Mairead. Can you provide me with the correct version number to use? I've found the HTC download center and now just need to identify the correct one to download
Highlighted

3 Moderator

You're very welcome, it needs to be version 2.18.617.10 😊

Explorer
Thanks Mairead, you've been super helpful!

For future reference for any users who arrive here: http://www.htc.com/ie/support/updates.aspx
This is the link for where you can download this version of the software

3 Moderator

Cheers @des_irl, very handy to know! 

Explorer

Hi Mairead, just to advise that the version number you gave me there is wrong. This is the version number for the USA unlocked version of the HTC One A9. 

For Three, the most recent version is 2.16.771.4

The first digit is the major revision number. The 2nd is the firmware revision number. The third is the Carrier number. 

it doesn't appear that Three or HTC have released this version of the ROM\RUU yet... 

Trying to install the other version has left me with a Soft Bricked phone.. can't get past the bootloader screen 

If I leave my phone into a Three shop, can they repair this?

3 Community Manager

Hi @des_irl, what guide are you using to install the stock ROM?

Unlocking the bootloader can void your warranty so if it's brought to a store for repair, it's possible that the warranty won't cover the cost. They would need to assess the phone first.

A soft bricked phone can be fixed by just getting the right ROM on there, which is why I'm asking about the guide that you're using to do this. Have you installed custom or stock ROMs before?

Explorer

Hi Sheena, I'm following a couple of guides I found on the XDA Developers website, and from HTC themselves for the Ruu.

I was initially trying to install Lineage OS, but with the firmware version on my Phone (2.16.x.x), I can't (unfortunately found this out too late it appears)

I'd like to move back to stock OS, so I need the ROM.zip version to flash now. I got to the stage of actually flashing the ROM version from above, however the phone has given me an error due to a CID and MID mismatch. the CID and MID can be changed, but I've decided against going down that route, as it involves DD commands, which if done wrong can Hard Brick the phone. 

I was looking for the right ROM as you can see from above, however the version number I was given was incorrect. 

I have previous experience installing custom ROMs before, installing CyanogenMod on other devices and flashing Stock on devices.

Do you have an estimate cost for reloading the ROM? 

3 Community Manager

Ok, I follow you now, you'll need to go back to version 1.56.401.70 for the OTA updates to work, I believe that is the European unlocked version. 

It might also be a good idea to post about this on Boards in the Android section, I know that there are tons of members there that have done this before and may have hands on experience with the A9 or have a link to a ROM you can use. 

Explorer

Thanks Sheena. 

Looking at the files for that version (1.56.401.70), I still don't think it covers the CID for three.. if I remember correctly the CID is coming up as H3G___003. This version covers: 

cidnum: HTC__001
cidnum: HTC__034
cidnum: HTC__J15
cidnum: HTC__M27
cidnum: HTC__A07
cidnum: HTC__016
cidnum: HTC__002

You have to use a version which covers the CID, or you'll just get an error. Did Three ship the European Unlocked version? judging by the CID, I don't think they did

Explorer

So, I found the firmware here: https://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads. Set the region to ROI or carrier to H3G

1.56.771.70 is the version number.. (771 being the Three Ireland Carrier)

I can flash this to return the firmware to the old version, however I would still need a ROM.zip, with the same version number.. I'll try boards and see where I get.. 

3 Community Manager

Thanks @des_irl, I'll chat to the Devices team here to see if we can get the file from HTC.

Explorer
Thanks Sheena! you're a legend!
If I can get the 2.16.771.x version (can't remember the correct last figure - i'll have to check when I get home), that would be great.. It'll need to be the ROM.zip version as the RUU won't install without an OS already installed.
Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter