Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Galaxy S7 - Wifi, Mobile Service and Clock Issue

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've a bill pay Samsung Galaxy S7 that has started causing problems over the last two days. When I go to turn on Wi-Fi it is freezing in the 'Turning On' position which means I am unable to connect to wireless networks. I've reset network settings etc., restarted the phone about 20 times, including in safe mode and this still hasn't resolved the issue.

Additionally, I am no longer getting phone service and seemingly the SIM card is no longer recognised.

Lastly, the clock appears to be losing time even when set manually.

Any help would be great as this is causing massive issues for me.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Galaxy S7 - Wifi, Mobile Service and Clock Issue

3 Moderator

Hi Chris, sorry to hear that! How long have you had your phone and have you a phone spare to test your SIM in? 

Hi Rachel,

I've had it since around December 2016. I've tested the SIM in another phone and the SIM is working ok in a HTC One M8. I'm currently seeing signal bars but I'm unable to call anyone or use mobile data.

The Wifi issue appeared at the same time and is currently freezing everytime I turn on the Wifi and then I'm unable to use the WiFi on/off button again without resetting the phone and then once I do this it has the same problem.

Thanks,

Chris

3 Moderator

Are you able to call, text and use your data with your SIM in the HTC One M8? Is this happening when you connect to any WiFi signal? 

Hi,

Yes I can call, text and use data with the SIM in the HTC One.

Regarding the Wifi, I can't get as far as connecting to Wifi as it will not turn on Wifi in order to connect to a signal, it freezes in a 'Turning On' position but then never does. After several reboots and a wiping of the cache this turned on once, but when the Wifi on/off button was pressed again it went back to freezing in this 'turning on' but not actually on position.

Thanks,

Chris

Highlighted

3 Moderator

If your SIM is working in another phone Chris this suggests an issue with the phone itself. You can pop into any three store to have this assessed for repair.

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>