• Three_Ashling
  • 31-08-2017

Understanding your Paper Bill

by 3 Moderator ‎31-08-2017 11:23 AM - edited ‎09-10-2017 01:05 PM (634 Views)

Understanding your paper bill.jpg

Unless you’ve signed up for paperless billing, if you’re a Three bill pay customer you’ll receive a printed bill every month. If you need some help understanding some of the terms on your bill, we’ve broken it down for you below.

If you have signed up for paperless billing, you can still see your printed bill via PDF. You can do this my logging into My3. From there go to Billing & payments > View your Previous Bills. At the bottom of the page, you will see ‘My bills’, with the option to ‘Print PDF’.

Page 1 Explained

PrintedBill1.png

At the top of the first page of your bill, you’ll see the above information.

• Your account number is the unique number associated with your account. If you contact us regarding your bill, this is the number you should mention to us.
  • Your invoice date tax point is the date your bill is generated and the date when your allowances are refreshed.
  • Your bill number is the unique reference number for your bill.
  • Your ‘Three phone number’ is your unique phone or dongle number. Dongles have numbers too!

Please note: If you have just joined Three, your first bill may be higher than expected, as your first bill covers you from the date you joined Three up to your billing date (Invoice date tax point).

PrintedBill2.png

Next, you’ll see your bill breakdown – here’s an explanation of each line:

Totally monthly charges

As standard for bill pay accounts, you are charged for your price plan one month in advance, and this is reflected on your bill as ‘Total Monthly Charges’.

This figure is the sum of your monthly price plan, excluding VAT. This amount includes any add-ons you’ve purchased and admin charges.

Total usage summary

This figure is the amount you have been charged out-of-bundle, e.g. if you went over your monthly allowance, made calls to premium numbers or used international data roaming. This also excludes VAT.

Total charges before VAT

Totally monthly charges plus total usage charges, excluding VAT.

Total charges after VAT

Totally monthly charges plus total usage charges, with VAT @ 23% added.

Total due

This is total amount due this month. If you have an outstanding balance from the previous month, this will be included here.

Just joined Three? Your first bill may be higher than expected, as your first bill covers you from the date you joined Three up to your billing date.

Changed your plan recently? You may notice your bill is higher than you expected. This is nothing to worry about – for a detailed explanation of the first bill after changing plans, see Changing Plans: My First Bill

Recently upgraded your phone? If you upgraded your phone online, this may be visible on your bill.

Page 2+ Explained

PrintedBill3.png

• The Bill Summary section is the same amount as the ‘Total Monthly Charges’ from Page 1, but with more detail.
  • Here you can see exactly what your plan includes (Flexi-Units, EU roaming allowance and so on) and which add-on’s you’ve purchased.
  • If you don’t pay your bills via direct debit, you will be charged a small administration fee, which is also displayed in this section.

PrintedBill4.png 

PrintedBill5.png

• The ‘Usage Summary’ is an itemised breakdown of your usage for this month.
  • If you have been charged in the ‘Total Usage Summary’ mentioned on Page 1, you can see exactly where these charges incurred under the ‘Out of allowance summary’.

FAQs

How do I pay my bill?

There are lots of ways to pay your Three bill. You can pay via Direct Debit, Online Banking, Credit/Debit Card, by calling 1913 or via the post office. For more info, see How to Make a Payment.

How can I check my monthly allowance?

You can check your monthly allowance any time, by logging in to My3, and clicking ‘My Monthly Allowance’. You’ll be able to see remaining allowances and any usage outside of your allowance since your last bill.

When is my monthly allowance refreshed?

Your allowances are refreshed on your ‘bill cycle date’, which is the day your bill is issued. On a paper bill, this date is listed on the top right-hand corner.

Can I change my billing date?

Changing your billing date is no problem, but keep in mind this will change your monthly payment due date also. You can change your billing date at any time, as long as it is not within 48 hours of the current bill date - just drop us a PM.

How do I change my details?

To change your contact details, including your billing address, log in to My3 and go to My Details.

How can I sign up for paperless billing?

To cut down on clutter and save some trees in the process, you can sign up for paperless billing and view your bill online. You can switch to paperless e-billing by logging in to your My3 account. To sign up for paperless billing you will need to set up a direct debit. You’ll get a text message each month when your bill is ready.

For further information on billing and payments, check out three.ie/bills.

If you’re still unsure of anything on your bill, pop us a PM here with your details and we can help.

Ashling

Ashling

Ashling is the 3Community's resident wordsmith. With a passion for social media, innovative technology and all things mobile, she fills the 3Community with articles about tech news, app reviews and tips and tricks to make your life a little easier.

You can contact Ashling here.

Comments
by Caroline
on ‎06-10-2017 11:46 AM

How do I get a printout of my outgoing calls?

by 3 Moderator
on ‎06-10-2017 11:55 AM

Hi Caroline 👋 You can see all your calls if you log into your My3 account here

by AlinD
on ‎09-10-2017 11:43 AM
How do I pay out of allowance data spent prepay ?
by 3 Moderator
on ‎09-10-2017 12:07 PM

Hi AlinD,

Any overage will be taken from your Prepay balance. Once your 28 day plan expires any usage will be taken from your credit remaining.

by Tt1
on ‎17-10-2017 07:06 PM
Hi, have just received a bill with charges for internet usage. I’m on an all you can eat data plan and have not used more than previous bills. Can you advise why this charge has appeared?
by 3 Moderator
on ‎18-10-2017 10:39 AM

Hey @Tt1 👋 Can you send a private message with your mobile number, name, address, date of birth and I'll certainly check this out for you? Mairéad 👍

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean