Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
  • Three_Ashling
  • 09-10-2017

Lost or Stolen Phones

by 3 Moderator ‎09-10-2017 05:30 PM - edited ‎12-12-2017 11:53 AM (491 Views)

Lost or Stolen Phones.jpg

Unfortunately, sometimes the worst happens and we lose our phone or it’s stolen. If this happens to you, here’s what you should do:

• Try ringing the phone or checking the nearest Garda station – someone may have handed it in.
  • If you have Find My iPhone (Apple), Find My Device (Android) or My Phone (Windows), you may be able to track the location of your phone. As well as using GPS to track your phone, these apps also allow you to play a sound from the device or broadcast a message onto the phone’s screen, in case anyone finds it. You can also lock your device remotely so no one can access it and even erase your phone’s data so your personal information remains safe.

If you’ve tried the above steps to no avail, you should do the following:

1. Contact us by PM or webchat to report your phone as lost or stolen. We can then suspend your account to ensure no further unauthorised usage. We can also blacklist your device so that no one else can use it.
  2. Report the loss or theft to your local Garda station.
  3. If you have insurance, contact your insurance provider directly to make a claim. You’ll need to provide proof that you have reported the incident to the Gardaí within a certain timeframe (generally 24-48 hours). Usually, a member of the Gardaí will need to stamp and sign your insurance claim form.

If you have insurance with Three SOS, here’s how to make a claim.

Found your phone? Just contact us via PM or webchat and we can remove the block on your account and handset.

Ashling

Ashling

Ashling is the 3Community's resident wordsmith. With a passion for social media, innovative technology and all things mobile, she fills the 3Community with articles about tech news, app reviews and tips and tricks to make your life a little easier.

You can contact Ashling here.