• Three_Sheena
  • 27-02-2015

How to turn off the Adult Content Filter

by 3 Community Manager ‎27-02-2015 12:25 PM - edited ‎09-10-2017 04:56 PM (144,502 Views)

AdultContentFilter.png

If you’ve ever seen the below web-page when you’re browsing the internet, it’s nothing to worry about. It’s simply our commitment for safer mobile use, a security measure to keep children safe while using the internet.

large.jpg

We understand that mobile phones are part of daily life, and to help young people enjoy these services safely we provide internet filters to limit access to material that may not be suitable. This filter is automatically applied for prepay customers.

Customers who are over 18 can request for this age restriction to be removed. 

All you need to do is contact our Live Webchat team here with your account details.

Once we have verified your age, we'll remove the filter. 

If you have a billpay account, the filter is not applied as you need to be at least 18 to open this account type. However, if you’d like to have the filter applied feel free to contact us and we can help.

If you would like more information on internet safety visit our website where we have tips and guides for safe and sensible internet use. For information on keeping your children safe on their phones, see here

Comments
by Anonymous
on ‎27-02-2015 03:42 PM

Hiya Sheena i was looking to get this removed since i joined back to 3 this week the adult filter is on the new number i got what do i need to do to get it removed i think before i had to register my visa card on My3 to get it removed.

by 3 Community Manager
‎27-02-2015 04:58 PM - edited ‎07-07-2017 10:39 AM

Hi Jimbo, send through a PM with your details and we'll sort that out for you.

by Anonymous
on ‎09-05-2015 08:43 PM

having the same problem !!! cant access any adult content !!! as im well over 18 ! any help ?

by 3 Community Manager
on ‎11-05-2015 09:02 AM

Hi @User1, I've changed your username as you shouldn't have it set to your mobile number.

Drop me a PM with your details and the username you'd like instead, I'll update the username and remove that content filter for you.

by Anonymous
on ‎20-07-2015 11:03 PM
Hi I would like 3 content filter removed immediately. I am well over 18 and am outraged that three feel they have the right to censor my internet usage.
by 3 Community Manager
on ‎21-07-2015 10:01 AM

That's no problem @Weatherman, you can contact our Webchat team here with your details - http://bit.ly/1K9EOPA, or drop me a PM and I'll update the account for you.

by Stumpy85
on ‎01-08-2015 12:44 AM

Hi I requested the Adult filter be removed from my account instore 4 days ago. They said it would take 24 hours and I would have full access to the internet. 3 employee in store sent a copy of my identification and details in an e-mail. I have registered on My3 also.

by 3 Community Manager
on ‎04-08-2015 09:46 AM

Can you send a PM with your details @Stumpy85 and I'll check it out? 

by Anonymous
on ‎01-09-2015 08:50 PM
Hi
I just signed up two bill phones with 3 my question is why would I have to show proof of age to get filters lifted I gave id when signing up?
by 3 Community Manager
on ‎02-09-2015 09:15 AM

Hi @slingshot, this filter only applies on Prepay phones, it won't be on any Billpay accounts.

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean